Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Plz help me using expect script for remote host Post 302555611 by pludi on Thursday 15th of September 2011 07:22:17 AM
Old 09-15-2011
  1. Please use [CODE] tags when posting script listings
  2. Choose a meaningful subject next time. Crying out "Please help me" isn't really professional
  3. Using expect to avoid entering the password with SSH is a bad idea. Use public keys instead.
  4. In general, search the forums first for a few keywords, it's quite possible that someone else already had the same problem & found a solution
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run a script on remote host

Hi, I wish to run a script located on a remote host machineB from machineA. I am using ssh and running the below on machineA. However, the ssh does not seem to work and freezes at ssh -l wlsadmin machineB -v Sun_SSH_1.1.2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f debug1: Reading... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

manage an interactive script on a remote host

OS~AIX 6.1 I'm running an interactive shell script i.e.,waits for a user response a few times while executing, after doing ssh to a AIX server. I'm just wondering what options I have if the ssh connection to the server is lost while executing the script, do I have to run the script again, which in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to execute a script on a remote host

Hi, I am new to the expect scripting. I have this expect script as below : spawn ssh remote_server -l id set pass "12345" set opt "s" expect "Password:" {send "$pass\r" ; } expect "*ENTER*" {send "Enter\r"; exp_continue } expect "Please select option :" {send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curt137
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a shell script on a remote host using ftp

Hi, is there a way I can run a shell script through ftp on a remote host? The remote host doesn't have ssh running so I can't use ssh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on remote host

Hi friends, I have two servers. Server A and B. I want to run one script on server A by logging in to server B. Can anyone provide me code for this.? I tried it by using following ssh username@serverA ./script Then it prompt me the password. I give correct password of the server A. but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last part of script to remote host not working...

Hi, I got most of the script working, last part which does the ssh to remote and execute the command not working. for SSH in ${HostList}; do echo ${SSH} echo "" SSH2SEND=ssh user@${SSH} curl -v $URL echo $SSH2SEND done error message I am getting ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)