Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir)) Post 302555530 by Yoodit on Thursday 15th of September 2011 03:48:27 AM
Old 09-15-2011
KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members,

I have a list of xml files like

abc.xml.table
prq.xml.table

in a txt file.

Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file.

Please help me with the script or command to do so.

Thank you very much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

To find a existence of a dir within a dir

Hi, I want to find whether a dir "temp" is present inside a dir. It should get a dir a input and search recursively within that directory to check whether temp is present and return 1 or return 0 if it is not present anywhere inside the directory/sub-directory. I know we can use readdir in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to move files of particular day from one dir to another dir

Hi, I have hundered's of files of the name CMP_PORT_IN_P200903271623042437_20090328122430_err.xml in error directory of todays date ie 20090328 and in the file name 5th field specifies date only now i want to move all files of 20090328 to another directory i.e reprocess directory. So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string from multiple dir and redirect to new files

Hi, I am new to script and I want find one string from multiple files in diff directories and put that out put to new file. Like I have A,B & C directories and each has multiple files but one file is unic in all the directories like COMM.txt Now I want write script to find the string... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahessh123
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from a dir in one machine to a dir in another machines

Hi, I am a unix newbie.I need to write a shell script to move my oracle READ WRITE datafiles from one serevr to another. I need to move it from /u01/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u01/oradata/W2KK, /u02/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u02/oradata/W2KK. That is, I actaully am moving my datafiles from one database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other other dir

Need a script to move the files from one dir to other dir and at the same time it has to read the log in the source dir. Please help me ASAP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move all files in a dir into a certain dir

Hello all, I'm very new to shell scripting and need quite urgently to do this thing for my student job. I have a directory called "vectors" with a bunch of files all named ".vector". also i have for each of those files a directory with the name . I now want to move each of those *.vector files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherresh
2 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
Feed::Find(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Feed::Find(3pm)

NAME
Feed::Find - Syndication feed auto-discovery SYNOPSIS
use Feed::Find; my @feeds = Feed::Find->find('http://example.com/'); DESCRIPTION
Feed::Find implements feed auto-discovery for finding syndication feeds, given a URI. It (currently) passes all of the auto-discovery tests at http://diveintomark.org/tests/client/autodiscovery/. Feed::Find will discover the following feed formats: o RSS 0.91 o RSS 1.0 o RSS 2.0 o Atom USAGE
Feed::Find->find($uri) Given a URI $uri, use a variety of techniques to find the feeds associated with that page. If $uri itself points to a feed (i.e., if the Content-Type of the response is a recognized feed type), returns $uri. Returns a list of feed URIs. The following techniques are used: 1. <link> tag auto-discovery If the page contains any <link> tags in the <head> section, these tags are examined for recognized feed content types. The following content types are treated as feeds: application/x.atom+xml, application/atom+xml, application/xml, text/xml, application/rss+xml, and application/rdf+xml. 2. Scanning <a> tags If the page does not contain any known <link> tags, the page is then scanned for <a> tags for links to URIs with certain file extensions. The following extensions are treated as feeds: .rss, .xml, and .rdf. Note that this technique is employed only if the first technique returns no results. Feed::Find->find_in_html($html [, $base_uri ]) Given a reference to a string $html containing an HTML page, uses the same techniques as described above in find to find the feeds associated with that page. If you know the URI of the page, you should provide it in $base_uri, so that relative links can be properly made absolute. Feed::Find will attempt to determine the correct base URI, but unless that URI is specified in the HTML itself (in a "<meta>" tag), you'll need to supply it yourself. Returns a list of feed URIs. LICENSE
Feed::Find is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHT Except where otherwise noted, Feed::Find is Copyright 2004 Benjamin Trott, ben+cpan@stupidfool.org. All rights reserved. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-28 Feed::Find(3pm)