Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python/Perl script for auto login Post 302554908 by Tuxidow on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 10:30:04 AM
Old 09-13-2011
What I am trying is a script which can be scheduled so that when it runs it should login to a webmail client like gmail and open up the logged in page in a web browser.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto login?

Ok I've lost myself and hit a brick wall. What I am trying to do is avoid the login screen when the machine is turned on. So no login screen is needed unless you turn the machine on and log out to login and change users. But as I said before I've hit a brick wall. I got not an idea of what I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Login

Hey all, I'm trying to configure a system so when it reboots it'll automatically log as a user I have selected. I've never done this nor' as I to sure on how to. This is teh best I have found on teh web and well I've changed a few things. but does anyone who has done this know if it'll work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

An Auto-Login "ftp" Script

We are running SCO Unix under Unixware 2.1.3 (really old!). I would appreciate if someone could show me the code of a script to automatically "ftp" one or more files to another SCO Unix computer on the nightly basis, then gracefully termninate the ftp session. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphan
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Auto X when Login

Hi All, We have some HP unix servers and sometimes we logon there thru a dedicated Windows server that has Reflection X on it in case we need X. In this case we always need to export DISPLAY=winservername:0.0 I want to automate this thing in .profile file. If e.g. $TERM = hpterm (thru... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BearCheese
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp auto login

Hi, I looked into lot of posts on this question but i could not figure out the solution. we are using the following ftp shell program to send the file to target server. #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -n -i<<EOF 2>&1 open <target server ip> user <username> <pwd> lcd /sc/doc/prd/FCSTP put file1.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srrao.ch
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

auto login script

can any one help me for auto login bat file from windows to unix,to check the server daily.. Thanks Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohankasi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Auto login to Unix

Hi, i am trying to connect to unix server from windows bat file using telnet command. But bat file is unable to pass username and password hence could not login to UNIX. My requirement is to connect UNIX server from .bat file and run few macros at a perticular schedule. My UNIX login does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone convert this python script to perl

There is a python script that I would like converted to a perl script. If someone has the time to convert the script I would appreciate it. You can find the script below: reboot-mb8600/reboot-mb8600.py at master . j4m3z0r/reboot-mb8600 . GitHub #!/usr/bin/python ''' A hacky script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azdps
1 Replies
IDLE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IDLE(1)

NAME
IDLE - An Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python SYNTAX
idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] [ file ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] ( -c cmd | -r file ) [ arg ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] - [ arg ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the idle command. This manual page was written for Debian because the original program does not have a manual page. For more information, refer to IDLE's help menu. IDLE is an Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python. IDLE is based on Tkinter, Python's bindings to the Tk widget set. Features are 100% pure Python, multi-windows with multiple undo and Python colorizing, a Python shell window subclass, a debugger. IDLE is cross-plat- form, i.e. it works on all platforms where Tk is installed. OPTIONS
-h Print this help message and exit. -n Run IDLE without a subprocess (see Help/IDLE Help for details). The following options will override the IDLE 'settings' configuration: -e Open an edit window. -i Open a shell window. The following options imply -i and will open a shell: -c cmd Run the command in a shell, or -r file Run script from file. -d Enable the debugger. -s Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP before anything else. -t title Set title of shell window. A default edit window will be bypassed when -c, -r, or - are used. [arg]* and [file]* are passed to the command (-c) or script (-r) in sys.argv[1:]. EXAMPLES
idle Open an edit window or shell depending on IDLE's configuration. idle foo.py foobar.py Edit the files, also open a shell if configured to start with shell. idle -est "Baz" foo.py Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP, edit foo.py, and open a shell window with the title "Baz". idle -c "import sys; print sys.argv" "foo" Open a shell window and run the command, passing "-c" in sys.argv[0] and "foo" in sys.argv[1]. idle -d -s -r foo.py "Hello World" Open a shell window, run a startup script, enable the debugger, and run foo.py, passing "foo.py" in sys.argv[0] and "Hello World" in sys.argv[1]. echo "import sys; print sys.argv" | idle - "foobar" Open a shell window, run the script piped in, passing '' in sys.argv[0] and "foobar" in sys.argv[1]. SEE ALSO
python(1). AUTHORS
Various. 21 September 2004 IDLE(1)