Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris new attached lun in solaris 10 Post 302554520 by vishalaswani on Monday 12th of September 2011 09:40:34 AM
Old 09-12-2011
Solaris 10 detects the newly zoned luns automatically... it should be visible in below command output at the top with its size information.

Code:

format

In case it doesn't detects, then you can run below commands on the controllers through which the luns are to be seen.

Code:

cfgadm -c configure <controller>

Once the luns is seen by the OS, later you can configure the same under powerpath or Veritas.

Regards,
Vishal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 or 10 LUN Limitations

Is there a limit to the number of LUNS that can be concatenated using Solaris Volume manager with Soft partitions? I have worked with some AIX admins in the past and there was such a limitation therefore limiting the size the filesystem could grow to. Is there such a limitation in Solaris 9... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to login to attached SUN Storage through Solaris m/c w/o user intervention

I want to create a shell script to CLI login to attached SUN 6140 storage from Sun Solaris 9 m/c (instead of using CAM ) but that prompts me for password despite the fact that i am adding them in script .. i am using "expect" feature for this .. however as i never used "expect " before .. so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh29sharma
0 Replies

3. Solaris

LUN allocation in solaris server

hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Largest LUN size in Solaris 10

What is the largest possible LUN size that can be presented to Solaris 10. I've been googling a lot about this. The new EFI lablels (an alternative to VTOC) supports LUNs greater than 2TB. I need to know the upper limit. please help me find it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Set up iscsi LUN on solaris 9?

Hi, I need to set up iscsi LUN on Solaris 9. I've done it on Solaris 10 with iscsiadm. How do you do it on Solaris 9 though? Currently using Solaris 9 update 2. Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Sparcman (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with Solaris LUN and New FS

Hi All, I'm using Solaris server, SunOS 5.10 Generic_144488-08 sun4u sparc SUNW, SPARC-Enterprise. There is a newly created LUN of 250GB (EMC). I've scanned the system and able to see the new LUN. For example: 103. emcpower19a <DGC-VRAID-0430 cyl 48638 alt 2 hd 256 sec 16>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris- How to scan newly attached NIC's

Hi folks, How can I scan newly attached network interfaces to server without reboot? Is there any command or something to scan without reboot. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to get LUN WWN in Solaris?

How to get LUN WWN (i.e LUN mapped from a storage box say Symmetrix or clariion) in Solaris. fcinfo command does give the Target port wwn but what i'm looking for is the LUN WWN. Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

10. Linux

Identify newly attached LUN from NetApp

Hi I need to identify a newly attached LUN from NetApp on a linuxserver running uname -o GNU/Linux I have first run the df -h and got the following: df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_outsystemdb-lv_root 50G 2.7G 45G ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5) 					File Formats Manual					   fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)

NAME
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun - select whether or not management luns are discovered in the legacy representation of mass storage devices VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Enable discovery of management luns for array devices. Disable discovery of management luns for array devices. Recommended values DESCRIPTION
Management luns provide the means to access the control ports of Fibre Channel disk arrays. They are represented in both the legacy and the agile view of storage devices. The legacy representation of a management lun is typically created under a separate virtual extension bus node. The entry for a legacy management lun looks like this: On a system with a large number of storage devices connected, creation of management luns can result in an insufficient number of virtual extension buses for the legacy representation of data luns. Since the number of extension buses on a system is limited to 256, luns requiring virtual extension buses above 256 will be unusable through legacy device special files. Disabling the discovery and creation of management luns will free up virtual extension buses for use by data luns. The default value for this tunable is Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who expect to use a large number of storage devices requiring more than 256 extension buses through legacy device special files. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. However, existing management luns will not be removed. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on when the system runs out of extension buses for configuring the legacy representation of data luns. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? None. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? When the functionality provided by the management lun is desired. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? Existing management luns in the legacy representation will show up in the state. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
ioinit(1M), ioscan(1M), kctune(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)