Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming ./match_pattern.out: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0000000013a11600 *** Post 302554361 by achenle on Sunday 11th of September 2011 07:34:54 PM
Old 09-11-2011
If you're copying a string, better to use strdup(). You won't make that off-by-one mistake that way.
This User Gave Thanks to achenle For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

malloc gives the same memory to two different nodes. How to deal with it?

When allocating memory for two different nodes, the resulting memory are the same. Clearly, this will lead to a mistake. This happened in a function. And the process must be in a function. (gdb) p tree->list $43 = (node *) 0x8be4180 (gdb) p tree->list $44 = (node *) 0x8be4180 At the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'memory corruption' error when using Awk

Hello, everyone. I got the following error when I am using awk to analysis some text file: *** glibc detected *** awk: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x080c67f8 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooyee
5 Replies

3. Programming

Why memory allocated through malloc should be freed ?

Actually for a process to run it needs text, stack , heap and data segments. All these find a place in the physical memory. Out of these 4 only heap does exist after the termination of the process that created it. I want to know the exact reason why this happens. Also why the other process need to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthiktceit
20 Replies

4. Programming

Why does this occur? *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x10013ff8 ***

there seems not to be error in this segment. In some computers, it can work well. But in others, it will give a failure. why it ocurrs and how to deal with it? in a function: if( *ver == NULL ) { *ver = (vertex *) malloc(sizeof(vertex)); //this line ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
17 Replies

5. Programming

readdir and dynamic array memory corruption

Hi everyone I am developing an utility. At some part of it I read directory entries to a dynamic array: struct list It stores pointers to items: list.entries, which are structures: struct entry If a number of files in a directory is greater then number of elements an array was initially... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: torbium
11 Replies

6. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): Posted A minute ago M trying to make multiway tree and dont know what happend when this part of code get executed: 01void ins(NODE *ptr) 02{ 03 //working 04 if(ptr!=NULL) 05 { 06 SNODE *var=NULL; 07 var=(SNODE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: exgenome
3 Replies

7. Programming

*** glibc detected *** : malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Hi Friends, while executing the below code, am getting *** glibc detected *** ./ok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast) error, please suggest how to solve this issue. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sqlca.h> #include <alloca.h> /* Define constants for VARCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpjobsrch
2 Replies

8. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out malloc() memory corruption

I am facing a problem of memory corruption. The loop runs for the first time but does not go through the second time. What could be the problem? for(int z=0;z<2;z++) { fp=fopen("poly.dat","r"); /*do something which reads this file into a 2D array*/ fclose(fp); ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dare
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Shared Memory Corruption with X11

I am having a problem with shared memory corruption. I have two 86 servers running Solaris 10 (150400-06). One of the servers is accessed by a Sun Ray thin client Version 11.1.3.0.2.6. I login into server one from the thin client. I then ssh -X to server two. When a process that contains a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salerno
2 Replies

10. Programming

Memory corruption in dynamic array of strings

I put together a C function to add strings to a dynamic array of strings (mostly for educational purpose to explain pointers to my kid). It works, but sometimes one or two strings in the array becomes corrupted. Running example on 64 bit Ubuntu, gcc ver. 4.8.4 Hope my code is self-explanatory: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
UNMASS(1)						      General Commands Manual							 UNMASS(1)

NAME
unmass - extract game archive files SYNOPSIS
unmass [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the unmass command. unmass is a tool to extract game archives. It supports the following archive types: Crismon Land, Baldur's Gate 2, Civilization 4, Doom (WADs), Dune 2, Etherlords 2, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Flashpoint, Knights of Xentar, Metal Gear Solid (DARs), Moorhuhn 2 and 3, Megaman Leg- ends, Oni, Operation Flashpoint, Princess Maker 2, Quake 1, RollCage, Swine, Unreal Tournament umods, Virtua Fighter bitmaps, MEA exe's, some economy file format. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -e <archive file> <file name> [...<file name>] Opens the archive and extract files. --modules Prints out list of modules for archive loading. --list <archive file> Opens the archive and prints list of the files inside. EXAMPLES
Display list of files contained inside archive 'battle.lgp' unmass -list battle.lgp Opens 'battle.lgp' and extracts file 'aabc.txt' and all files ending with 'dat' into current directory unmass -e battle.lgp aabc.txt *dat SEE ALSO
pak(1). AUTHOR
unmass was written by Miro Janosik. This manual page was written by Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@phys.ethz.ch>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 9, 2007 UNMASS(1)