Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Why is gcc missing from </usr/sfw/bin> Post 302554328 by gabam on Sunday 11th of September 2011 01:37:49 PM
Old 09-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve701
dude, that's the first thing I tried!! no gcc. i think it was manually removed to prevent development on the machine
Shit, that's was my very first attempt to solve someone's problem on this forum, sorry mate, that was all that I could do. I myself have some problems with my gcc. It is located in /usr/sfw/bin/gcc, but when I try to a compile a c++ hello program, it doesn't compile, giving several errors.
Here is my program, maybe you can lend a hand now.
Code:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
         cout << "Hello, world!\n";
         return 0;
}

I compile it like this

Code:

$ /usr/sfw/bin/gcc hello.cpp -o hello

But it fails!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ?

Hi All, Can somebody tell me the difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ? Thanx in advance, Saneesh Joseph (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias /usr/bin to /bin in profile

Hi! All the basic linux commands, ie. echo, find, etc, are located in /bin. I have a couple of programs that have these commands pointed towards /usr/bin, ie, /usr/bin/echo (even though the actual 'echo' command is in /bin). How can I alias or redirect or link the /usr/bin to /bin just for this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancerat
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

7. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to link sed from /usr/bin/sed to /usr/local/bin/sed?

Hi Guys, OS:- Solaris 10 64Bit I have a small query. On one server a user is facing sed command issue. He gets error regarding sed for this location /users/hoy/2999/batch5/bin/internal.sh: /usr/local/bin/sed: not found How ever the sed is actually present at this location on server:-... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
13 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)