Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split record based on delimiter Post 302554240 by Jairaj on Sunday 11th of September 2011 01:25:10 AM
Old 09-11-2011
Thanks Birei.
Your perl command is fine. In the meantime i tried below command :-
Quote:
awk -F^ 'NF==3{print $0}' infiile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string with multibyte delimiter

Hi, I need to split a string, either using awk or cut or basic unix commands (no programming) , with a multibyte charectar as a delimeter. Ex: abcd-efgh-ijkl split by -efgh- to get two segments abcd & ijkl Is it possible? Thanks A.H.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring based on delimiter, finding last delimiter

Hi, I have a string like ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1-C4. I want to delimit the string based on "-" and then get result as only two strings. One with string till last hyphen and other with value after last hyphen... For this case, it would be something like first string as "ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1" and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record based on particular match

Hi , I have a requirement to split the record based on particular match using UNIX. Case1: Input Record : 10.44.48.63;"Personals/Dating;sports";1441 Output Records : 10.44.48.63;Personals/Dating;1441;Original 10.44.48.63;sports;1441;Dummy Case2: Input Record : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mksuneel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split into columns based on the parameter and use & as delimiter

Here is my source, i have million lines like this on a file. disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=& drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN I want to split this into columns in order to load in database, anything starts with"&mjv=6" as first... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a string with no delimiter

Hi; I want to write a shell script that will split a string with no delimiter. Basically the script will read a line from a file. For example the line it read from the file contains: 99234523 These values are never the same but the length will always be 8. How do i split this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint34
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file by delimiter with csplit

Hello, I want to split a big file into smaller ones with certain "counts". I am aware this type of job has been asked quite often, but I posted again when I came to csplit, which may be simpler to solve the problem. Input file (fasta format): >seq1 agtcagtc agtcagtc ag >seq2 agtcagtcagtc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCDIC File Split Based On Record Key

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to split a variable length EBCDIC file into seperate files based on the record key. I have the COBOL layout, and so I need to split the file into 13 different EBCDIC files so that I can run each one through a C++ converter I have, and get the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanshot1stx
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check record delimiter of a file ?

My requirment is for every record of a particular file I've to check for a record delimeter (e.g. "\n") and if any row doesn't have "\n" then report it in error file . Please suggest me to go through this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manab86
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to split large file with different record delimiter?

Hi, I have received a file which is 20 GB. We would like to split the file into 4 equal parts and process it to avoid memory issues. If the record delimiter is unix new line, I could use split command either with option l or b. The problem is that the line terminator is |##| How to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files based on row delimiter count

I have a huge file (around 4-5 GB containing 20 million rows) which has text like: <EOFD>11<EOFD>22<EORD>2<EOFD>2222<EOFD>3333<EORD>3<EOFD>44<EOFD>55<EORD>66<EOFD>888<EOFD>9999<EORD> Actually above is an extracted file from a Sql Server with each field delimited by <EOFD> and each row ends... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
8 Replies
Regexp::Common::delimited(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Regexp::Common::delimited(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::delimited -- provides a regex for delimited strings SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /delimited/; while (<>) { /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}/ and print 'a " delimited string'; /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'}/ and print 'a / delimited string'; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{delimited}{-delim}{-esc} Returns a pattern that matches a single-character-delimited substring, with optional internal escaping of the delimiter. When "-delim=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is a possible delimiter. There is no default delimiter, so this flag must always be specified. If "-esc=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is the delimiter for the corresponding character in the "-delim=S" list. The default escape is backslash. For example: $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'} # match "a " delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}{-esc=>'"'} # match "a "" delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'} # match /a / delimited string/ $RE{delimited}{-delim=>q{'"}} # match "string" or 'string' Under "-keep" (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the opening delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $3 captures delimited portion of the string (provided only one delimiter was specified) $4 captures the closing delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $RE{quoted}{-esc} A synonym for $RE{delimited}{q{-delim='"`}{...}} SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::delimited(3)