Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split record based on delimiter Post 302554120 by daPeach on Saturday 10th of September 2011 05:51:53 AM
Old 09-10-2011
sorry, useless post. deleted.

Last edited by daPeach; 09-10-2011 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: can't delete useless post ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string with multibyte delimiter

Hi, I need to split a string, either using awk or cut or basic unix commands (no programming) , with a multibyte charectar as a delimeter. Ex: abcd-efgh-ijkl split by -efgh- to get two segments abcd & ijkl Is it possible? Thanks A.H.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring based on delimiter, finding last delimiter

Hi, I have a string like ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1-C4. I want to delimit the string based on "-" and then get result as only two strings. One with string till last hyphen and other with value after last hyphen... For this case, it would be something like first string as "ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1" and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record based on particular match

Hi , I have a requirement to split the record based on particular match using UNIX. Case1: Input Record : 10.44.48.63;"Personals/Dating;sports";1441 Output Records : 10.44.48.63;Personals/Dating;1441;Original 10.44.48.63;sports;1441;Dummy Case2: Input Record : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mksuneel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split into columns based on the parameter and use & as delimiter

Here is my source, i have million lines like this on a file. disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=& drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN I want to split this into columns in order to load in database, anything starts with"&mjv=6" as first... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a string with no delimiter

Hi; I want to write a shell script that will split a string with no delimiter. Basically the script will read a line from a file. For example the line it read from the file contains: 99234523 These values are never the same but the length will always be 8. How do i split this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint34
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file by delimiter with csplit

Hello, I want to split a big file into smaller ones with certain "counts". I am aware this type of job has been asked quite often, but I posted again when I came to csplit, which may be simpler to solve the problem. Input file (fasta format): >seq1 agtcagtc agtcagtc ag >seq2 agtcagtcagtc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCDIC File Split Based On Record Key

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to split a variable length EBCDIC file into seperate files based on the record key. I have the COBOL layout, and so I need to split the file into 13 different EBCDIC files so that I can run each one through a C++ converter I have, and get the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanshot1stx
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check record delimiter of a file ?

My requirment is for every record of a particular file I've to check for a record delimeter (e.g. "\n") and if any row doesn't have "\n" then report it in error file . Please suggest me to go through this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manab86
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to split large file with different record delimiter?

Hi, I have received a file which is 20 GB. We would like to split the file into 4 equal parts and process it to avoid memory issues. If the record delimiter is unix new line, I could use split command either with option l or b. The problem is that the line terminator is |##| How to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split files based on row delimiter count

I have a huge file (around 4-5 GB containing 20 million rows) which has text like: <EOFD>11<EOFD>22<EORD>2<EOFD>2222<EOFD>3333<EORD>3<EOFD>44<EOFD>55<EORD>66<EOFD>888<EOFD>9999<EORD> Actually above is an extracted file from a Sql Server with each field delimited by <EOFD> and each row ends... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
8 Replies
CUT(1)								   User Commands							    CUT(1)

NAME
cut - remove sections from each line of files SYNOPSIS
cut OPTION... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print selected parts of lines from each FILE to standard output. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -b, --bytes=LIST select only these bytes -c, --characters=LIST select only these characters -d, --delimiter=DELIM use DELIM instead of TAB for field delimiter -f, --fields=LIST select only these fields; also print any line that contains no delimiter character, unless the -s option is specified -n with -b: don't split multibyte characters --complement complement the set of selected bytes, characters or fields -s, --only-delimited do not print lines not containing delimiters --output-delimiter=STRING use STRING as the output delimiter the default is to use the input delimiter --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Use one, and only one of -b, -c or -f. Each LIST is made up of one range, or many ranges separated by commas. Selected input is written in the same order that it is read, and is written exactly once. Each range is one of: N N'th byte, character or field, counted from 1 N- from N'th byte, character or field, to end of line N-M from N'th to M'th (included) byte, character or field -M from first to M'th (included) byte, character or field With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat, David MacKenzie, and Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report cut bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for cut is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and cut programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'cut invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 CUT(1)