Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compare two flat files and update one based on the values in the other Post 302554011 by yazu on Friday 9th of September 2011 12:35:50 PM
Old 09-09-2011
Code:
paste file1 file2 | awk '{
  for (i=1; i<=NF/2; i++)
    printf ($i ? $(i+NF/2) : 0) " "
  print ""
}'

Last edited by yazu; 09-09-2011 at 01:42 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare update time of files

Hi, does anyone know of a way to compare files update time (not only days - also hours and minutes) (command? scripts? perl scripts?) Dori (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare data in two flat files and update them?

Hi All, I am giving an example similar to the problem I have. I have two data files of 10 columns each in which fields are delimited by comma(,). I need to compare compare the two files using the uniq col(col3). If there are any records in file1 and are not in file2 then I have check the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two flat files and get changed data

Hi, I need to compare two flat files (yesterday & today's data) and get only the changed data from flat files. In flat file i dont have data column or anything its just a string data in flat file.Can any one please let me know the script With Regds Shashi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtshashidhar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 flat files

Hi Gurus, I searched the forum but didnt get much info. I want to compare 2 files. 1)Newfile comes today with 2)Old file of previous day. The files are same ,just the new files might have new records sometimes. So I want to capture these new records in another file. Can anyone help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 flat files

Hi Frnds, I have a flat file with millions of records. . Now I on this. (I prefer for AWK as its gives good performance.) Old_file.txt ------------------ 1 gopi ase .... 2 arun pl ... 3 jack sutha .. 4 peter pm .. ... New_file.txt --------------- 4 peter pm .. .. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare flat files and print output to another file

Hello, I am strugling from quite a some time to compare flat files with over 1 million records could anyone please help me. I want to compare two pipe delimited flat files, file1 with file2 and output the unmatched rows from file2 in file3 Sample File1: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhaeb
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files based on values of fields.

Hi All, I have two files and data looks like this: File1 Contents #Field1,Field2 Dist_Center_file1.txt;21 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 File2 Contents (*** No Header ***) Dist_Center_file1.txt;23 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare to flat files using awk

compare to flat files using awk .but in 4th field contains non ordered substring. how to do that. file1.txt john|0.0|4|**:25;JP:50;UY:25 file2.txt andy|0.0|4|JP:50;**:25;UY:25 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and update one?

Hi, I have got 2 files which i need to compare and append based on the below conditions. file 1: File 1 has data in the following format 4300 2356 C234 5689 5500 2345 File 2 has data in the same fomat 4300 49 5555 12345 Now i need to compare the first 4 bytes in each line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
4 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)