Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract second column tab delimited file Post 302553884 by itkamaraj on Friday 9th of September 2011 05:28:28 AM
Old 09-09-2011
Code:

$ nawk -F"\\t" '{print $2}' test                                                                                                                   
B C D
HJ D

$ cat test
A       B C D   E       F
H       HJ D    D       G

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete parts of a string of character in one given column of a tab delimited file

I would like to remove characters from column 7 so that from an input file looking like this: >HWI-EAS422_12:4:1:69:89 GGTTTAAATATTGCACAAAAGGTATAGAGCGT U0 1 0 0 ref_chr8.fa 6527777 F DD I get something like that in an output file: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matlavmac
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first column in tab-delimited text-file

I have a large text-file with tab-delimited genetic data that looks like: KSC112 KSC234 0 0 1 1 A G C T I simply wan to delete the first column, but since the file has 600 000 columns, it is not possible with awk (seems to be limited at 32k columns). Does anyone have an idea how to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andmal
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new column to a tab delimited text file

I want to add a new column to a tab delimited text file. It will be the first column and it will just be 1's. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed on 1st column of tab delimited file

Hi all, I'm new to Unix and work primarily in bioinformatics. I am in need of a script which will allow me to replace "1" with "chr1" in only the first column of a file which looks like such: 1 10327 rs112750067 T C . PASS ASP;RSPOS=10327;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hkins552
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to log transform a column in a tab-delimited text file?

How do I use awk to log transform the fifth column of a tab-delimited text file? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add (append) a column in a tab delimited file

I have a file having the following entries: test1 test2 test3 11 22 33 22 44 66 99 99 44 --- I want to add a column so that the above file becomes: test1 test2 test3 notest 11 22 33 * 22 44 66 * 99 99 44 * --- Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a 3 column tab delimited file to a matrix

Hi all, I have a 3 columns input file like this: CPLX9PC-4943 CPLX9PC-4943 1 CPLX9PC-4943 CpxID123 0 CPLX9PC-4943 CpxID126 0 CPLX9PC-4943 CPLX9PC-5763 0.5 CPLX9PC-4943 CpxID13 0 CPLX9PC-4943 CPLX9PC-6163 0 CPLX9PC-4943 CPLX9PC-6164 0.04... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete an entire column from a tab delimited file

Hi, Can anyone please tell me about how we can delete an entire column from a tab delimited file? Mu input_file.txt looks like this: And I want the output as: I used the below code nawk -v d="1" 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="\t"}{$d=""}{print}' input_file.txtBut in the output, the first column is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Extract 4 lines in Column to Rows Tab Delimited between tags

I have tried the following to no avail. xargs -n8 < test.txt awk '{if(NR%6!=0){p=""}else{p="\n"};printf $0" "p}' Mod_Alm_log.txt > test.txt I have tried different variations of the above, the problem is mixes lines together. And it includes the tags "%a and %A" I need them to be all tab... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytouchsr
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)