Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print text between delimiters IF it contains a certain term... Post 302553348 by radoulov on Wednesday 7th of September 2011 09:45:03 AM
Old 09-07-2011
It depends, consider that that --- is considered a single dash: -.
It's not regex vs string, it's multi-character/regex vs. single character.
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract text b/w two delimiters

I have an input file which looks like " @$SCRIPT/atp_asrmt_adj.sql $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1005w.pls $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1006w.pls start $SCRIPT/cim1020d.sql;^M spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql @$DATA/cim1021m.sql ! rm $DATA/cim1021m.sql spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowsed4u8
6 Replies

4. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

5. AIX

Print text between two delimiters

Hi, Can somebody help me with the below situation, Input File, ======== 2007_08_07_IA-0100-014_(MONTHLY).PDF 2007_08_07_IA-0100-031_(QUARTERLY)(RERUN).PDF 2008-02-28_KR-1022-003_(MONTH)(RERUN)(REC1).CSV Required output, ============ MONTHLY QUARTERLY MONTH ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Order text by delimiters

I try order the content from file by delimiters. This is the text: interface Loopback0 description !!!RID RR_SLT ip address 172.31.128.19 255.255.255.255 interface GigabitEthernet0 description !!!P_SLT GI0/0/9 ip address 172.31.130.246 255.255.255.252 and the result that I need... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print text it contains a certain term...

Hello, I need to extract execution error on a log file. I am on Linux, but I can only use bash or ksh. As a sample of what I'm needing, here is some data; ***** L1 FILE VAX_ASP1_SATx_E_IM20101017035246 - CPU TIME 2011-04-29T09:57:57 ***** GMT_PRODUCT_CREATION_TIME = 2011-04-29T09:57:57... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Print fields between two delimiters on separate lines and send to variables

I have email headers that look like the following. In the end I would like to accomplish sending each email address to its own variable, such as: user1@domain.com='user1@domain.com' user2@domain.com='user2@domain.com' user3@domain.com='user3@domain.com' etc... I know the sed to get rid of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tay9000
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put delimiters in text files after fix characters?

Hi , i have a text file in which i want to put delimiters after certain characters ( fix),. like put a delimiter (any like ,) after 1-3 character than 4 than 5 than 6-17 ..... files looks like this (original)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anamdev
8 Replies

10. Programming

find & Replace text using two non-unique delimiters.

I can find and replace text when the delimiters are unique. What I cannot do is replace text using two NON-unique delimiters: Ex., "This html code <text blah >contains <garbage blah blah >. All tags must go,<text > but some must be replaced with <garbage blah blah > without erasing other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
5 Replies
Mail::SPF::Term(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Mail::SPF::Term(3)

NAME
Mail::SPF::Term - SPF record term class DESCRIPTION
An object of class Mail::SPF::Term represents a term within an SPF record. Mail::SPF::Term cannot be instantiated directly. Create an instance of a concrete sub-class instead. Constructor The following constructor is provided: new(%options): returns Mail::SPF::Term Abstract. Creates a new SPF record term object. %options is a list of key/value pairs, however Mail::SPF::Term itself specifies no constructor options. new_from_string($text, %options): returns Mail::SPF::Term; throws Mail::SPF::ENothingToParse, Mail::SPF::EInvalidTerm Abstract. Creates a new SPF record term object by parsing the string and any options given. Class methods The following class methods are provided: name_pattern: returns Regexp Returns a regular expression that matches any legal name for an SPF record term. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided: text: returns string; throws Mail::SPF::ENoUnparsedText Returns the unparsed text of the term. Throws a Mail::SPF::ENoUnparsedText exception if the term was created synthetically instead of being parsed, and no text was provided. name: returns string Abstract. Returns the name of the term. SEE ALSO
Mail::SPF, Mail::SPF::Record, Mail::SPF::Mech, Mail::SPF::Mod <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4408> For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Mail::SPF. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>, Shevek <cpan@anarres.org> perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 Mail::SPF::Term(3)