Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab is not working!!
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat crontab is not working!! Post 302553308 by getrue on Wednesday 7th of September 2011 07:51:54 AM
Old 09-07-2011
My friends, script isn't working on crontab but it is working manually.

Everythink seems fine but what is the problem!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not working right

I am having problems with a sparc5 solaris 7 box, when i try to edit cron, (crontab -e as root), it says $ crontab -e 0 and then nothing, if i enter anything it errors out but does accept q for quit. But doesn't bring up my editor of the cron file. How can I troubleshoot this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab NOT working

Hi, I have put the following entry in crontab and it is NOT working 1 * * * * && /mybin/myjob.sh As today is Sep 26th, Iam using NF-4 to test. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab not working

Dear all We have SunOS 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V250 i have scheduled cronjob but its not working Crontab details 15 15 * * * /d5/oratest/testdb/hotbackup_new.sh TEST247 15 15 * * * mkdir -p rajesh /d4/appltest Crontab log details > CMD: mkdir... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_hv
4 Replies

4. Solaris

crontab is not working.

I have a script which name is sicaklik.sh It is in the root directory. I can run manually but I want to run automatically every 3 minutes but it is not working. WHY? #whoami root #crontab -l #ident "@(#)root 1.21 04/03/23 SMI" 3 * * * * sh ./sicaklik.sh #ls -l sicaklik*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not working

Hi, I had setup crontab to execute my script every day midnight 00:00 Below are the current settings. crontab -l 0 0 * * * /apps/bin/compress.ksh_moht > /dev/null 2>&1 Should it not work? I need help fix this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
8 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab not working

Shell = ksh Hi all, I scheduled an automated job on my application server like below, 30 13 * * 1-5 $HOME/my_script.sh However the script was not executed as expected. Any reason that may cause this to happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab not working, please help

Hi, When I set the crontab to run every minute, every hour, it works fine. * * * * * env > /tmp/env.output However I want to run it every day at 8:00 AM and it does not run. * 8 * * * env > /tmp/env.output I ran the 'date' command which says it's 8AM PST and also the 'TZ'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samantha13
0 Replies

8. Linux

Crontab not working

Hi, I know this is a common topic. I'm trying to launch a perl script using a contab -e entry. I've been trying diff options but nothing seems to work: My cron is running: UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 3755 1 0 Nov27 ? 00:00:00 crond This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krebe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not working

Hi All, I have a script with deatils as : $ ls -ld catch_logs.sh -rwx--x--x 1 muser muser 752 Jun 5 22:36 catch_logs.sh User crontab looks likes: $ crontab -l SHELL=/bin/bash PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin * * * * * /opt/scripts/catch_logs.sh Now if I run this script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Crontab is not working

Dear Friends, I have Red Hat Linux Enterprise version 6.3. running SAP and oracle. I have created one crontab for user orasid to execute one job periodically. But it is not executing. I have checked crontab service is running. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
5 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] [-l | -r | -e] DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file does not exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)