Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris All i/o (ftp) not working on this SunOS 5.10 Post 302552805 by steve701 on Monday 5th of September 2011 04:41:53 PM
Old 09-05-2011
I relaize that....never mind, I had connected to the d1 box instead of p1 box, which is why I could not see my directory! Now it's ok, I put the file there...

by the way my ultimate goal is to do a make (with gcc), and now this box does not have that installed on it I think, (only cc is at: /usr/ucb/cc, but no gcc).... hence as a lon road, I am installing Solaris 10 on my home machine, will build this code to a binary and plan to x-fer it to the sunos 5.10 at work and HOPE that it will work...is there any easier way, without root can I install a freeware gcc/make on this mahcine locally also and bring all the include files etc....?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SunOS and ftp logging

Hi, I'd want to enable ftp logging on a SunOS 5.9 machine. I've read some guides I've found on the Internet but, in the syslog file, I stil not have information about that. In the /etc/inetd.conf I have this line: ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd -d ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS 5.10 - VI Arrow keys not working

Hi I am working on SunOS 5.10 from remote terminal using putty. Also echo $TERM xterm In vi editor when in insert mode arrow keys are not working for cursor movement instead they print A B C and D. Please help. thanks ravs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravashingravi
7 Replies

4. Solaris

tr -d is not working on SunOS 5.9

i am using sunos 5.9. entityname="india\/delhi" correctpattern="<branch value=\"/`echo $entityname | tr -d '\'`/WORKAREA/\"> echo $correctpattern the output should be <branch value="/india/delhi/WORKAREA/"> This is working fine in command line but not working when i placed these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

5. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

6. Solaris

SunOs 5.9: why is 'ulimit -c' not working?

I have a situation where the system is dumping a 2g causing filesystem to fill up. We identified the source and working on a solution. However, I wanted to limit the size of the 'core' file. Please examine the test scenario ... cnewtonne@mars> ulimit -f 0 cnewtonne@mars> ls -ltr core*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnewtonne
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working on SunOS 5.9

I m trying to send o/p of one file using mailx command but is not working PFB command : cat healthchecklog | mailx -s "HEALTH CHECKS" abc@jkl.com also I have checked the ps -ef for mailx which is giveing below o/p ps -ef | grep mail root 364 1 0 Jun 08 ? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manipulate files with find and fuser not working as expected on SunOs

Greetings, For housekeeping, I use the following command: find /some/path -type f -name "*log*" ! -exec fuser -s "{}" 2>/dev/null \; -exec ls -lh {} \; It finds all log files not currently in use by a process and manipulates them. This command always works on linux and redhat machines,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sendmail not working in SUNOS

Hi All i am trying to send a mail from SunOS to my outlook mail but it is not working neither giving any error please suggest # uuencode /tmp/t.txt t.txt | mailx -s test v.com # # uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--SunOS 5.10 nawk for paragraph not working

The machine is using bash: ================== bash -version GNU bash, version 3.2.51(1)-release (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. ========================= I have the following xml file. am trying to get a whole paragraph if it meets certain criteria.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
9 Replies
ATTILA(1)						  Alliance - attila User's Manual						 ATTILA(1)

NAME
attila - A Tool Installer SYNOPSIS
attila [ -h ] [ -S ] [ -U ] [ -F ] [ -A ] [ --help ] [ --ssh ] [ --user ] [ --asim ] [ --prefix=INSTALL_DIR ] [ --builddir=BUILD_DIR ] --tool=name1 [ --tool=name2... ] [ -c- configure_arg1 [ configure_arg2 ... ] ] [ -m- make_arg1 [ make_arg2... ] ] DESCRIPTION
attila automates the process of compiling and installing one or more Alliance tools. The tool can be installed either in the user's account (during the devellopment stage) or in the Alliance system wide tree (for instance /asim/alliance) when a new version is made avalaible to all. attila proceed with the following steps : 1. Checks if the sources of tools are present in the user's account. If not, check them out from the Alliance CVS tree. Note that you must have access to it. 2. In case of --asim or --full installations, attila will fork itself on one Linux computer (currently bip) and on one Solaris computer (beny). As to connect on thoses computer it will uses rsh so you must setup your ~/.rhosts to access them whithout passwords. You also can uses ssh (but the procedure to allow automatic login is more complicated). 3. Run autostuff for the tool in the ~/alliance/src directory. 4. Run configure in the build directory (see below). 5. Install the tool in the local install directory (see below) or in the system-wide Alliance directory rooted under /asim/alliance. After an --asim install: the build directory tree of the tool will be removed to avoid messing with further local installations. DIRECTORY STRUCTURE attila relies on the following tree structure : (all paths below are given relative to the user's home directory) o ~/alliance/src where the tools sources are to be found. o ~/alliance/Linux/build/$TOOL : the top directory under which the tool will be compiled for Linux. This is where the configure script will be run. o ~/alliance/Linux/install : the top of the install tree when the tool is compiled locally for Linux. Under this directory you will found (at least) : ./bin, ./lib and ./include. o ~/alliance/Solaris/build/$TOOL : the tool's build directory for Solaris. o ~/alliance/Solaris/install : top of the local install tree for Solaris. CVS CHECKOUT If the sources of the requested tool(s) are not found under ~/alliance/src/ attila will try to check them out. So, as says above, you must have access rights to the Alliance CVS tree. In addition to the tool(s) sources, it will also checks for the minimal set of files needed for configure to run. As for now : o autostuff o alliance.m4 o motif.m4 o Makefile.am GUESSING CVSROOT The root of the CVS tree will be set according to the following rules : 1. Uses the user's environment variable CVSROOT if sets. 2. Uses the attila default value sets in attila.conf (variable ATTILA_CVSROOT). GUESSING ALLIANCE_TOP The root of the Alliance installed distribution tree will be set according to the following rules : 1. Uses the user's environment variable ALLIANCE_TOP if sets. 2. Uses the attila default value sets in attila itself (variable ATTILA_ALLIANCE_TOP). ALLIANCE_TOP: is set in attila itself because its value is a prerequisite to load the configuration file attila.conf which is in the directory $ALLIANCE_TOP/etc/. ARGUMENTS
attila accepts the followings arguments : o -h, --help : print help. o -S, --ssh : uses ssh instead of rsh to connect to the remote computers (in case of --asim or --full). o -U, --user : perform a local installation. o -F, --full : install for all avalaibles architectures (currently Linux and Solaris). o -A, --asim : install in the system-wide directory (/asim/alliance). o --prefix=INSTALL_DIR : override the default installation directory. o --builddir=BUILD_DIR : override the default building directory. o --tool=name1 : name of the tool to be installed. o -c- configure_arg1 : all arguments following -c- (until a -m- is encountered) are passed as is to the subsequent call to configure. For example, if you want to first use your local libraries, give --enable-devel. If you want to link or install dynamic libraries, give --enable-alc-shared for alliance libraries and give --enable-shared for other libraries. o -m- make_arg1 : all arguments following -m- are passed as is to the subsequent call to make. If no -m- argument is given, then install is assumed. If you want to completly uninstall a tool and clean it's build directory you can pass uninstall clean CONFIGURATION FILE ATTILA.CONF The configuration file is located in $ALLIANCE_TOP/etc. This file is to be read by the sh shell. It sets up the following variables : o LINUX_TARGET : the computer where to compile for the Linux architecture (default bip). o LINUX_CC : the name or full path to to the C compiler for Linux system (default gcc3). o LINUX_CXX : the name or full path to to the C++ compiler for Linux system (default g++3). o SOLARIS_TARGET : the computer where to compile for the Solaris architecture (default beny). o SOLARIS_CC : the name or full path to to the C compiler for Solaris system (default /usr/local/gcc-3.0.4/bin/g++3). o SOLARIS_CXX : the name or full path to to the C++ compiler for Solaris system (default /usr/local/gcc-3.0.4/bin/g++3). o ATTILA_CVSROOT : the root of the Alliance CVS tree (default /users/outil/alliance/cvsroot). o CVS_STARTUP_FILES : the minimal set of files needed to run configure. EXAMPLES
Compile & install nero tool on the local computer (must be either a Linux or a Solaris one) : $ attila --tool=nero Compile & install nero tool for all architectures (currently only Linux and Solaris are supported) : $ attila --full --tool=nero Compile & install nero tool in the system-wide directory (a new version for everyone to use) : $ attila --asim --tool=nero Compile & install mbk then genlib (the order is significant) in a row for a local install on the current computer : $ attila --tool=mbk --tool=genlib Compile nero tool and link it against the locally installed libraries (if any). $ attila --tool=nero -c- --enable-devel Remove poire tool from the system-wide tree. (poire is the old name of nero). $ attila --asim --tool=poire -m- uninstall ASIM
/LIP6 13 October 2002 ATTILA(1)