Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux help in find command in linux Post 302552781 by kidwai on Monday 5th of September 2011 03:25:19 PM
Old 09-05-2011
that was very helpful
thank you so much

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find 32/64 bit in Linux

Hi, Can somebody tell me which command will help me find whether the OS is 32 bit or 64 bit. Regards, Giridhara Babu Tadikonda. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giribt
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to find when Linux OS is installed?

hey , Anyone knows command to find when Linux OS is installed? Date and time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find 32/64 bit in Linux

Hi, Can somebody tell me which command will help me find whether the OS is 32 bit or 64 bit. OS is LInux Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How find Linux version from command line?

Hi, I am looking to extract linux version from /etc/*-release file. I am specifically tring to avoid use of awk command here. would be great if can do done via sed or grep command. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Tikanga) output must be 6 regards, Litu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu1988
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux find command returns nothing

Under one of my directories on server I have more than 500 files with different type and name. When I run the find command to list the files with 'ABC_DEFGH' in the begining of its name and older than 20 days, nothing is return as result. Though I know there are more than 400 files which their name... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command : how to use multiple conditions

Hello. I need to find all files but excluding some because I need to exclude some sub-folders I need to exclude some filenames Files must be within two dates. The result is sent to a function I cannot achieved to put together the date conditions, the folder conditions and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies
qmail(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						  qmail(7)

NAME
qmail - overview of qmail documentation INTRODUCTION
qmail is a secure, reliable, efficient, simple message transfer agent. Users who want to control incoming messages should read dot-qmail(5). Available commands for the .qmail file include qbiff(1), qre- ceipt(1), forward(1), bouncesaying(1), and condredirect(1). Other helpful commands include maildirmake(1), maildir2mbox(1), and maildirwatch(1). System administrators who want to control the entire qmail system should start with qmail-control(5) and qmail-start(8). There are three queue-monitoring tools: qmail-qread(8), qmail-qstat(8), and qmail-tcpto(8). Incoming SMTP connections are handled by qmail-smtpd(8). qmail offers two command-line message-sending interfaces: qmail-inject(8) and mailsubj(1). For background information on Internet mail messages, see addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), and forgeries(7). Miscellaneous documentation includes qmail-limits(7) and qmail-pop3d(8). This documentation describes netqmail version 1.05 of qmail. See http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html for other qmail-related software, and http://qmail.org/ for other qmail community contributions. qmail(7)