Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX server is compiling executables to 32-bits by default, how to change it? Post 302552069 by dukessd on Thursday 1st of September 2011 01:56:59 PM
Old 09-01-2011
AIX 6 is a 64 bit operating system, it does not compile executables.
What compiler are you using - type, name and version?
You may have more luck on a forum associated with your compiler but please post back here and we'll see if we can help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Bits and Pieces

There are quite many nifty little tricks, which can make life easier for the AIX administrator carrying out typical tasks in his job. I'll start the collection, suggestions will be highly welcome and added here when they are messaged to me. No, i don't claim to have found out myself what stands... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change default R in Unix server?

Hi, I try to use R through the Unix server in my university. When I want to install an R package, I don't have the permission to change the R library. So I installed another version of R under my user's folder on the server, which seems successful. However, when I try to run it, the default R on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xuemin
3 Replies

5. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

6. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

7. Programming

Compiling a 64 bits program using gcc

Hi Everyone, I can ask what is the option to compile a 64 bits program using gcc. I have looked everywhere but can't find it. Before I used to use cc and the -q64 flag was the option to generate the 64 bits binary. Can anyone tell me what is the flags when using gcc. Thanks...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
3 Replies

8. AIX

Change password for many users on an AIX server

Hi I want to change password for around 100 users on an aix server. I have the list of those 100 users with me. instead of doing # passwd username for all the 100 users one by one, can you please help with a script through which we can change the password for all the 100 users in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

9. AIX

Compiling problem - AIX 7.2

Hi We meet errors while running configuration scripts to prepare compiling source code on AIX 7.2. This error does not happen on AIX5.3 and AIX6.1 With the “/usr/bin/sh” from AIX7.2, sometimes , the script runs sucessfully, sometimes not. It’s unstable, and I don’t know why. When... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
10 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)