Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users time duration of being online of a particular user given the user name Post 302552016 by arindamlive on Thursday 1st of September 2011 10:47:22 AM
Old 09-01-2011
time duration of being online of a particular user given the user name

in a multi user system of 3 users X,Y,Z, if i know that X is presently online, is it possible to determine for how long has he been online? i mean the time duration

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

checking the heartbeat of the online user

hello, Can anyone please tell me how can i check the availability of the online user in a client-server environtment. This is for a program where lakhs of client are connected to the server and the server has to check the availability of the every client in every minute. So polling every client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shushilmore
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Online user list script

I decided to delete the first post since it was againt the forum rules (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necrologist
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

4. AIX

Time Zone for a User Different From Server Time

Hi, A server runs on EDT. Can I set a user with time-zone GMT without changing the server time? regards, Roshni (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that outputs user logins sorted by duration

Hello, I want to write a script that takes a username as input and outputs the user's logins sorted by duration. Also I want to exclude the "still logged in" entries. I use the "last" command but Im having problems sorting the entries based on the duration. Can you help me? Thanks a lot =) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddante
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there a command to see when the last time a user has been online if they arent?

When I use who it shows who is online and from what time they logged in but is there a way I can see the last time someone was logged on if they aren't online? Is it with the who command? thx (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: subway69
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl ::duration of time in between dates

Hello All, I have two strings with date and time as follows.. $starttime= "06/11/2013 "; $starttime= "05:15"; $enddate="06/12/2013"; $endtime="04:45"; dates are in mm/dd/yyyy format and time in military format. and I am looking the duration of time(in minutes) in between dates. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list files for particular duration of time .?

Hi there is a lot of file dated from last week till ofpresent date. if i want to list only last 3 days files using ls command how can i do it please suggest. below is the list of the file. and i want to list files from MAy 12 to May 16. Nov 22 2011 NSSM.UPPLSCPLB81 Jan 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to calculate time duration in Linux?

I want to calculate duration for below file in this format SID | Date | Starttime |Date |End time 1607 |2019-04-05|13:06:42|2019-04-05|13:07:12 2327 |2019-04-05|13:57:26|2019-04-05|13:57:43 O/p should be like this: SID | Date | Starttime |Date |Endtime... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupmishra
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8) 		     systemd-networkd.service			   SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service, systemd-networkd-wait-online - Wait for network to come online SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd-wait-online is a one-shot system service that waits for the network to be configured. By default, it will wait for all links it is aware of and which are managed by systemd-networkd.service(8) to be fully configured or failed, and for at least one link to gain a carrier. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -i, --interface= Network interface to wait for before deciding if the system is online. This is useful when a system has several interfaces which will be configured, but a particular one is necessary to access some network resources. This option may be used more than once to wait for multiple network interfaces. When used, all other interfaces are ignored. --ignore= Network interfaces to be ignored when deciding if the system is online. By default, only the loopback interface is ignored. This option may be used more than once to ignore multiple network interfaces. --timeout= Fail the service if the network is not online by the time the timeout elapses. A timeout of 0 disables the timeout. Defaults to 120 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)