Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with spaces in the path Post 302551756 by firestar on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 01:36:03 PM
Old 08-31-2011
@shamrock

I tried and got the following error

$ls "$test"
/bdm/sdd/compounds/AD4833XT/requests/clin/Watson_20090420/docs/MHRA\ Comments\ \&\ Responses not found

---------- Post updated at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:34 PM ----------

Those were the file created by a users, not me. I am writing a script in which i need to take the permissions on each directory... so i am working on this ans got this issue with file names with spaces and special characters..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc path problem - no acceptable path found

Hello everyone, I'm a unix noob. I have a powerbook running mac os x 10.4 and for one of my classes I need to install the latest version of php (5.0.5). I'm following the instructions at http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/php.html to install but I've run into a problem. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kendokendokendo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with spaces and argument parsing

public class HelloWorld { public static void main(String args) { System.out.println("Welcome, master"); } } and I compiled using javac HelloWorld.java ] Suppose that I execute the following command directly from the shell: java -XX:OnError="gdb - %p" HelloWorld Then it works... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with spaces in directory path

Hi Gurus, I have a requirement. cat /usdd/Sample/"NDDF Plus DB"/"NDDF Descriptive and Pricing"/"NDDF BASICS 3.0"/"Pricing"/1.txt | sed 's/*|*/|/g' | sed 's/^*//'| sed 's/^*//; s/*$//' > temp.txt In unix prompt the above command is reading the file 1.txt and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with White spaces and tabs

Hi All, I am facing issues converting white spaces and tabs together in a file I am reading. Here is the command I am trying: tr -s ' '@ | sort -t@ +1n filename I guess the problem is that it is not converting the tabs to another delimiter. Also, I am supposed to accomplish this only using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem iterating through PATH entries with spaces

I have a Bash script on Cygwin that tries to iterate through the directory entries in PATH. I need to convert the PATH value to a form that I can iterate through with "for var in $list; do". For instance, an excerpt from my PATH value is this: :/c/Program Files/Windows Imaging/:/c/Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with spaces in filename

I have written a script to run ddrescue on a list of files. #!/bin/bash # # A script to rescue data recursively using ddrescue. srcDir=/damaged/hdd/movies/ #the source directory desDir=/new/hdd/movies/ #the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colsinc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conduct a search or test -f over a path with spaces

I am organizing my music library on a NAS server. I want to print a list of all the directories that are missing the cover art (at least one or more jpeg file). I have successfully created a file with each line containing the path to each occurance of one or more .mp3 files. That path is also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: godfreydanials
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set problem with spaces

#### ~]$ set "hello 'cat dog walk' money elephat" #### ~]$ echo $* | awk '{print $2}' 'cat why is the second command above showing only "'cat ? shouldn't the output be: 'cat dog walk' how can i fix this so it gives me the chosen column in its entirety? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script not parsing file with spaces in path

Hi everyone, I'm trying to write my first ever shell script, the OS is Raspbian. The code I have written must be executed whenever a certain database has been modified. The database resides on a Windows server to which I have a mount point, and I have no control over the Windows server at all so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjws
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Proper way to use a path with spaces in the directory name

I am using the below bash loop: or f in /media/cmccabe/My Book Western Digital/10_29and30_2015/*.bam ; do bname=`basename $f` pref=${bname%%.bam} samtools view -H $f | sed '/^@PG/d' | samtools reheader - $f > /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/${pref}_newheader.bam done is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
FORWARD_STATIC_CALL_ARRAY(3)						 1					      FORWARD_STATIC_CALL_ARRAY(3)

forward_static_call_array - Call a static method and pass the arguments as array

SYNOPSIS
mixed forward_static_call_array (callable $function, array $parameters) DESCRIPTION
Calls a user defined function or method given by the $function parameter. This function must be called within a method context, it can't be used outside a class. It uses the late static binding. All arguments of the forwarded method are passed as values, and as an array, sim- ilarly to call_user_func_array(3). PARAMETERS
o $function - The function or method to be called. This parameter may be an array, with the name of the class, and the method, or a string, with a function name. o $parameter - One parameter, gathering all the method parameter in one array. Note Note that the parameters for forward_static_call_array(3) are not passed by reference. RETURN VALUES
Returns the function result, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 forward_static_call_array(3) example <?php class A { const NAME = 'A'; public static function test() { $args = func_get_args(); echo static::NAME, " ".join(',', $args)." "; } } class B extends A { const NAME = 'B'; public static function test() { echo self::NAME, " "; forward_static_call_array(array('A', 'test'), array('more', 'args')); forward_static_call_array( 'test', array('other', 'args')); } } B::test('foo'); function test() { $args = func_get_args(); echo "C ".join(',', $args)." "; } ?> The above example will output: B B more,args C other,args SEE ALSO
forward_static_call(3), call_user_func(3), call_user_func_array(3), is_callable(3), information about the callback type. PHP Documentation Group FORWARD_STATIC_CALL_ARRAY(3)