Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bourne/C shell help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bourne/C shell help Post 302551585 by cero on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 03:27:38 AM
Old 08-31-2011
Please read and obey the forum rules about home and coursework.
This User Gave Thanks to cero For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell Scripting

Hi, I'm having trouble with some UNIX Bourne shell scripting that I am doing for an assignment. I am trying to sort a comma delimited file into a sort of format that will print out nicely in a telnet terminal window. I'm having a bit of trouble because all I seem to be getting is garble. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slamo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne shell not working

This code has worked for years and still does in my production environment. But it's failing in my development environment now. The cd works but the creation of node1, jnum, and node2 fails. Oddly the output shows a line from from the awk script at the end of the code during the setting of each... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd from a Bourne Shell Script - Please Help

Dear Bourne Shell Expert, I am trying to change the current working directory from within a Bourne Shell script. Simply enough i thought ! As I am sure you are well aware, Inside the script i echo `pwd` and it seems ok, but the shell spawns another shell to execute this and as such, when my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fawqati
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne-again shell

Hi guys !! well i'm still new in learning UNIX , and actually i'm still studying it by myself .. anyway, some people told me the Bourne-again shell is a good version of UNIX to work on , and i tried to download yesterday but i didn't know how to start it ...... the ReadMe file associated with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrsamer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Bourne shell tutorial

Hello. I need a good & complete Bourne shell tutorial. Please, can anyone help me to find it? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jag
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to understand the differences between the bash shell and the Bourne shell

I do not claim to be an expert, but I have done things with scripts that whole teams of folks have said can not be done. Of course they should have said we do not have the intestinal fortitude to git-r-done. I have been using UNIX actually HPUX since 1992. Unfortunately my old computer died and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_sed_hello
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne shell tutorial

hey guys, what is prolly the best way to learn bourne shell programming the easy way? I found many tutorials but I just cant seem to decide / chose which one is the best and suits my needs. could you recommend me some tutos? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genius90
1 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

'Shell Shock' vulnerability in Bourne shell

A severe vulnerability was discovered in Bourne shell. Just google for: bash vulnerability ... for more details. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cochise
5 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					WWW::RobotRules(3)

NAME
WWW::RobotRules - database of robots.txt-derived permissions SYNOPSIS
use WWW::RobotRules; my $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new('MOMspider/1.0'); use LWP::Simple qw(get); { my $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } { my $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } # Now we can check if a URL is valid for those servers # whose "robots.txt" files we've gotten and parsed: if($rules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses /robots.txt files as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", at <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to forbid conforming robots from accessing parts of their web site. The parsed files are kept in a WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can be used for one or more parsed /robots.txt files on any number of hosts. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. The User-Agent fields must occur before the Disallow fields. If a record contains a User-Agent field after a Disallow field, that constitutes a malformed record. This parser will assume that a blank line should have been placed before that User-Agent field, and will break the record into two. All the fields before the User-Agent field will constitute a record, and the User-Agent field will be the first field in a new record. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved Unrecognized records are ignored. ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / This is an example of a malformed robots.txt file. # robots.txt for ancientcastle.example.com # I've locked myself away. User-agent: * Disallow: / # The castle is your home now, so you can go anywhere you like. User-agent: Belle Disallow: /west-wing/ # except the west wing! # It's good to be the Prince... User-agent: Beast Disallow: This file is missing the required blank lines between records. However, the intention is clear. SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-2009, Gisle Aas Copyright 1995, Martijn Koster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-18 WWW::RobotRules(3)