Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Comments on "How Will the World End?" Post 302551131 by Neo on Monday 29th of August 2011 12:59:02 PM
Old 08-29-2011
Our policy (culture) is not to permit religious discussions.

We don't consider this "mean" in the least. It is our policy and all of our moderators support it.

This policy is not going to change, period. Thank you for your comments; but there is no way we are going to permit religious discussions here.

OBTW, I completely disagree with your very wrong statement, "all topics of discussion bump into religion"... that is only true in the minds of people who have strong religious beliefs. These "strong religious beliefs" are not permitted in these forums.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World"

So, this is my first C++ program under linux. My OS is Red Hat 8.0, and my codes are like following: $vi hello.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } $ g++ -o hello hello.cpp the error message are: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use "read" with a text file with comments

Hi, I read a .txt file with read command. while read PC USER PASS SHARE EXCL do ... done The file is like this: pc1 usr pc01 parts pc2 usr pc02 parts nobackup pc3 usr pc03 parts pc4 usr pc04 parts pc10 usr pc10 parts nobackup pc13 usr pc13 share,share_2 noshare,noshare_2But if I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

5. Programming

Exact meaning of the "world" in "hello world"

Hello! I have a question to native English-speaking people. In the popular program's "hello world" greeting, what meaning the "world" has: "all", "everybody", "people", "friends" or "whole world", "planet", "Earth", "Universe"? In other words, to whom this greeting is addressed: to the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene Muzychen
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
sched.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    sched.h(3HEAD)

NAME
sched.h, sched - execution scheduling SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sched.h> header defines the sched_param structure, which contains the scheduling parameters required for implementation of each sup- ported scheduling policy. This structure contains the following member: int sched_priority process execution scheduling priority Each process is controlled by an associated scheduling policy and priority. Associated with each policy is a priority range. Each policy definition specifies the minimum priority range for that policy. The priority ranges for each policy may overlap the priority ranges of other policies. The scheduling policies are indicated by the values of the following symbolic constants: SCHED_FIFO Processes are scheduled according to the First-In-First-Out (FIFO) policy. Processes scheduled to this policy, if not pre- empted by a higher priority or interrupted by a signal, will proceed until completion. SCHED_RR Processes are scheduled according to the Round-Robin (RR) policy. Processes scheduled to this policy, if not pre-empted by a higher priority or interrupted by a signal, will execute for a time period, returned by sched_rr_get_interval(3RT) or by the system. SCHED_IA Processes are scheduled according to the Inter-Active Class (IA) policy as described in priocntl(2). SCHED_OTHER Processes are scheduled according to another policy not described above. The values of these constants are distinct. Inclusion of the <sched.h> header will make visible symbols defined in the header <time.h>. SEE ALSO
priocntl(2), sched_rr_get_interval(3RT), time.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 2001 sched.h(3HEAD)