Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creating user account in Solaris Post 302551041 by Skrynesaver on Monday 29th of August 2011 06:32:59 AM
Old 08-29-2011
Code:
man useradd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating admin account

does any know how I can create more admin login accounts in unix? would there be a file somewhere that would have a list of these accounts? thanks, gammaman (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a new unix user account

:) Hi guis, I would like to Know how to create a new user account with examples. I refered some books ,but they r not clear. Can any body of u provide me a shell script to create a new user account. any help pls :) cheers Ravi Raj Kumar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a new account

Hi How do I create a new account with a specific group and home directory specified? TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domburf69
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris user account de-activated, command to activate again

My admin has set password policy to de-activate user account if there is not login for 90 days. How can i re-activate user account w/o deleting, or changing user password. Thanks in advance Deeps (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin@solaris
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Creating User account with limited permission

Hi All, I want to create an user account which can only excute "df -kh" and "prstat -a" command. The user will not be able to perform "rm" and other critical commands. Is there a way to do it? rgds, Ronny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

User account migrate from solaris to linux

Hi, I have to move user account from solaris to Linux environment because I don't want user to create password again in Linux environment, so could somebody confirm me how to do it, I know there are files /etc/groups, /etc/passwd and /etc/shadows need to copy but somebody confirm me what is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnaumanca
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Creating user in solaris

Hi all, I logged in as root in solaris machine and made an attempt to create a user ,i am getting the following error message pls help me to resolve this issue bash-3.00# useradd -d /home/kalyan -m -s /bin/sh kalyan UX: useradd: ERROR: Unable to create the home directory: Operation not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deactivate a user account in Solaris 10

Hi, I need to deactivate a user account for some time and then reactivate the user account ... Can anybody please help me how to do this..... I don't have root privileges but i have sudo to privileges. Thanks.... Thread closed. Double post. Continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Deactivate a user account in Solaris 10

Hi, I need to deactivate a user account for some time and then reactivate the user account ... Can anybody please help me how to do this..... I don't have root privileges but i have sudo to privileges. Thanks.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
USER(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   USER(8)

NAME
user -- manage user login information on the system SYNOPSIS
user add -D [options] user add [options] user user del -D [options] user del [options] user user info [options] user user mod [options] user DESCRIPTION
The user utility acts as a frontend to the useradd(8), usermod(8), userinfo(8), and userdel(8) commands. The utilities by default are built with EXTENSIONS. This allows for further functionality. For a full explanation of the options available, please see the relevant manual page. EXIT STATUS
The user utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/skel/.[A-z]* Skeleton files for new user /etc/usermgmt.conf Configuration file for user, group(8) and the backend commands mentioned above. SEE ALSO
chpass(1), group(5), passwd(5), usermgmt.conf(5), useradd(8), userdel(8), userinfo(8), usermod(8) HISTORY
The user utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. It is based on the addnerd package by the same author. AUTHORS
The user utility was written by Alistair G. Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>. BSD
November 16, 2005 BSD