Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "awk '/[0-9]{4}/' file" not works, why ? Post 302550572 by 915086731 on Friday 26th of August 2011 07:12:20 AM
Old 08-26-2011
Thanks, I should add "--posix" or "--re-interval".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for saving vertical datas to horizontal with "awk" or "cut"

hi, i have a file having datas like that ./a.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ..... ..... ... i want to save this datas to another file like that ./b.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ... ... ... i think awk can make this but how? :) waiting for ur help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to change the file with "sed" and "awk"

Hi experts I want your help to change the file format to my wanted version, please give me a hand thanks $cat file install pass make os pass make build kernel failed usb storage pass chane to | *install* | *make os* | *make build kernel* | *usb storage* | | pass | pass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script works well but displays " line 6: =: No such file or directory"

strange :) can you tell why?:cool: #!/bin/bash echo " enter your age " read age if ; then echo " you do not have to pay tax " elif ]; then echo " you are eligible for income tax " else echo " you dont have to pay tax " fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
XtAppAddTimeOut(3Xt)						   XT FUNCTIONS 					      XtAppAddTimeOut(3Xt)

NAME
XtAppAddTimeOut, XtRemoveTimeOut - register and remove timeouts SYNTAX
XtIntervalId XtAppAddTimeOut(app_context, interval, proc, client_data) XtAppContext app_context; unsigned long interval; XtTimerCallbackProc proc; XtPointer client_data; void XtRemoveTimeOut(timer) XtIntervalId timer; ARGUMENTS
app_context Specifies the application context for which the timer is to be set. client_data Specifies the argument that is to be passed to the specified procedure when . interval Specifies the time interval in milliseconds. proc Specifies the procedure that is to be called when time expires. timer Specifies the ID for the timeout request to be destroyed. DESCRIPTION
The XtAppAddTimeOut function creates a timeout and returns an identifier for it. The timeout value is set to interval. The callback pro- cedure is called when the time interval elapses, and then the timeout is removed. The XtRemoveTimeOut function removes the timeout. Note that timeouts are automatically removed once they trigger. SEE ALSO
XtAppAddInput(3Xt),XtAppAddSignal(3Xt) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XtAppAddTimeOut(3Xt)