Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname... Post 302550425 by zixzix01 on Thursday 25th of August 2011 07:25:09 PM
Old 08-25-2011
Yeah, it was under the settings for our terminal...8600 I think. Not at the computer now.

But it was listed there among some other settings...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hostname

Hello, I am installing redhat linux 6.2 on an intel based system. Whether i want to know any naming conventions should i follow. ie Any convention to follow to name a linux machine(To give hostname). Simillarly for domain name also. Please suggest in this regard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

looking up hostname

Using Solaris 8 (or WINXP). I am trying to look up a specific DNS hostname, but I don't know which DNS server houses that entry. How can I find the hostname? nslookup gives me the following: C:\>nslookup hostname Server: dnsserver Address: x.x.x.x *** dnsserver can't find hostname:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Access Solaris machine over http by hostname

Hi all, I need to be able to connect to the web server enabled on my solaris box by hostname e.g. http://<hostname_of_solaris_box>. How can I achieve this? I am able to access the web server via the IP of the solaris box but not the hostname. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpillay
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Change hostname

Hello, I would like to change the hostname on a Linux server (RHEL4). I try different methods in vain : - by using hostname command - by changing /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname But after restarting server, the old hostname re-appears... :confused: And the file ./proc/sys/kernel/hostname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

6. Linux

Findout iLO type installed in a machine

I have to write Linux script to findout what kind of ilo is been installed in the given ip address either ilo/LO100 or no device found. IP address will be given in the command line of the script. -> With out log on to the ip address, should get the ilo type installed in that machine. 1. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skmdu
1 Replies

7. SuSE

HOSTNAME not being applied

I have set up my hostname in dhcp and my dns server, but I cannot get the client to pick up the hostname that is listed for the ip. IE. 10.32.23.4 hostname should be client4 Anyone know why? It was working before and just stopped working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3junior
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I know my user@hostname ?

(8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojeezy
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to perform kickstart installation with virtual floppy image from ILO console?

HI All, I have created a kickstart file and converted into .img with below procedure to mount this as a floppy image file to supply the kickstart file during the installation time. But installation failing with unknown ks file location and other error messages. 1. Build an empty floppy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venumutyalu
3 Replies
brlapi_connectionSettings_t(3)					      BrlAPI					    brlapi_connectionSettings_t(3)

NAME
brlapi_connectionSettings_t - Settings structure for BrlAPI connection. SYNOPSIS
#include <brlapi.h> Data Fields char * auth char * host Detailed Description This structure holds every parameter needed to connect to BrlAPI: which file the authorization key can be found in and which computer to connect to. Examples: brlapi_connectionSettings_t settings; settings.auth='/etc/brlapi.key'; settings.host='foo'; libbrlapi will read authorization key from file /etc/brlapi.key and connect to the machine called 'foo', on the default TCP port. settings.host='10.1.0.2'; lets directly enter an IP address instead of a machine name. settings.host=':1'; lets libbrlapi connect to the local computer, on port BRLAPI_SOCKETPORTNUM+1 See Also: brlapi_openConnection() Field Documentation char* brlapi_connectionSettings_t::auth For security reasons, libbrlapi has to get authorized to connect to the BrlAPI server. This can be done via a secret key, for instance. This is the path to the file which holds it; it will hence have to be readable by the application. Setting NULL defaults it to local installation setup or to the content of the BRLAPI_AUTH environment variable, if it exists. char* brlapi_connectionSettings_t::host This tells where the BrlAPI server resides: it might be listening on another computer, on any TCP port. It should look like 'foo:1', which means TCP port number BRLAPI_SOCKETPORTNUM+1 on computer called 'foo'. Note: Please check that resolving this name works before complaining Settings NULL defaults it to localhost, using the local installation's default TCP port, or to the content of the BRLAPI_HOST environment variable, if it exists. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for BrlAPI from the source code. Version 1.0 Fri Jun 7 2013 brlapi_connectionSettings_t(3)