Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting configure from address in mailx command Post 302550230 by itkamaraj on Thursday 25th of August 2011 05:16:24 AM
Old 08-25-2011
check whether you have sendmail command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to configure mailx command??

Hi, {SunOS} I have this mailx -s command in my script and when the script is run,it throws me this message The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. Usage:mailx -eiIUdFntBNHvV!~ -T FILE -u USER -h hops -r address -s SUBJECT -f FILE users. Can you help me how i can send an... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change from address in mailx

Hi, i am sending mails regulary for updation of data. The from addresses dispaly like POP.RECH@skk182.com i want display like oracle@skk182.com can u help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know if the mailx command really sends the mail to the email address?

Hi guys, I have a question about the returning message of the mailx command. if I run a mailx command, how can I know if the email has been sent to the email address? If the email address doesn't exist, is there any error message returned? If yes, how can I get the error message? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheenshine
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Configure a Static Ip Address

Hello friend, I am new in UNIX, but I want to learn a lot Well I have a problem to try to configure my PC with a static IP Address (IP 192.168.1.39, Mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1) (DNS 200.48.225.130 and 200.48.225.146). where are the file that I must be change? The SO is Sun Solaris... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
15 Replies

7. Solaris

to configure ip address

i have installed solaris 10 on my vmware..please tell me how i can configure ip addres and other things so that i can use internet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
check-permissions(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     check-permissions(1M)

NAME
check-permissions - check permissions on mail rerouting files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-permissions [login] DESCRIPTION
The check-permissions script is intended as a migration aid for sendmail(1M). It checks the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file for all configured alias files, and checks the alias files for :include: files. It also checks for certain .forward files. For each file that check-permis- sions checks, it verifies that none of the parent directories are group- or world-writable. If any directories are overly permissive, it is reported. Otherwise it reports that no unsafe directories were found. As to which .forward files are checked, it depends on the arguments included on the command line. If no argument is given, the current user's home directory is checked for the presence of a .forward file. If any arguments are given, they are assumed to be valid logins, and the home directory of each one is checked. If the special argument ALL is given, the passwd entry in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file is checked, and all password entries that can be obtained through the switch file are checked. In large domains, this can be time-consuming. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: login Where login is a valid user name, checks the home directory for login. ALL Checks the home directory of all users. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf Defines enviornment for sendmail /etc/mail/aliases Ascii mail aliases file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getent(1M), sendmail(1M), aliases(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2003 check-permissions(1M)