Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting configure from address in mailx command Post 302550226 by shipra_31 on Thursday 25th of August 2011 04:57:55 AM
Old 08-25-2011
check this https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...l-address.html

It can be done using

Code:
echo "testing 1 2 3 " | mailx -s "subject" -r <sender_mailid> <receiver_mailid>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to configure mailx command??

Hi, {SunOS} I have this mailx -s command in my script and when the script is run,it throws me this message The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. Usage:mailx -eiIUdFntBNHvV!~ -T FILE -u USER -h hops -r address -s SUBJECT -f FILE users. Can you help me how i can send an... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change from address in mailx

Hi, i am sending mails regulary for updation of data. The from addresses dispaly like POP.RECH@skk182.com i want display like oracle@skk182.com can u help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know if the mailx command really sends the mail to the email address?

Hi guys, I have a question about the returning message of the mailx command. if I run a mailx command, how can I know if the email has been sent to the email address? If the email address doesn't exist, is there any error message returned? If yes, how can I get the error message? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheenshine
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Configure a Static Ip Address

Hello friend, I am new in UNIX, but I want to learn a lot Well I have a problem to try to configure my PC with a static IP Address (IP 192.168.1.39, Mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1) (DNS 200.48.225.130 and 200.48.225.146). where are the file that I must be change? The SO is Sun Solaris... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
15 Replies

7. Solaris

to configure ip address

i have installed solaris 10 on my vmware..please tell me how i can configure ip addres and other things so that i can use internet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
comsat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 comsat(8)

NAME
comsat - The biff server SYNOPSIS
comsat DESCRIPTION
The comsat server receives reports of incoming mail and notifies users who request this service. comsat is invoked by the inetd(8) daemon when it receives messages on a datagram port associated with the biff(1) service specification in /etc/services(4). The datagram contains a 1-line message of the form: user@mailbox-offset If the user specified is logged in and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (with biff y), offset is used as a seek offset into the file named in mailbox. The first 7 lines or 560 characters of the mes- sage are printed on the user's system. The message excludes mail header lines other than the From or Subject lines. The comsat command always tries to convert incoming mail messages from the mail interchange codeset to the user's application codeset. It determines the mail interchange code first by checking the mail message itself to see if it contains the required information. Otherwise, the system-wide default mail interchange code in the file /usr/lib/mail-codesets will be used. If no such system file exists, no codeset conversion will be performed. The determination of the user's application code in each terminal session is by one of the following methods. The application codeset defined in the user's Asian tty driver. The codeset name stored in the ~/.codesetdevname file, where devname is the name of the terminal device for the current terminal session. You can obtain the value of devname by issuing the tty command. For example, if the tty command returns /dev/ttys8, use ttys8 as the value for devname. The lang valued option defined in $HOME/.mailrc or /usr/share/lib/Mail.rc. FILES
Specifies the command path. Includes information about logged-in users and their associated ttys. File containing mailx subcommands to customize mailx for a specific user. File containing mailx subcommands to change mailx for all users on the system. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: biff(1), inetd(8), mailx(1), mh(1) Files: services(4), inetd.conf(4), tty(7) delim off comsat(8)