Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find file only from a Directory Post 302550111 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 05:09:26 PM
Old 08-24-2011
Touchy fiddling with the -prune option, perhaps. I have yet to manage a 1:1 equivalent.

You find this sort of thing all the time in UNIX vs Linux utilities. Small little GNU extensions to utilities for pretty obvious features that the UNIX standard doesn't cover, often bafflingly difficult to replace. The -d option to GNU date, which prints whatever date you tell it to, in particular is badly missed...

Last edited by Corona688; 08-24-2011 at 06:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a corrupted file in a directory

Hi, Dunno if this has already been discussed but can anyone tell me if there is any utility/command to find a corrupted file in an unix directory. With smile, karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skarthik_d
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

3. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and copy file to another directory..

Hi Everybody, i want a samll help to write a script. i had source location with :/user/bin (bin contains subdirectories with like names emails etc and had several files in each subdirectory) and target location with :/usr/scripts (having same subdirectories names and had some files)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file in a directory

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that search file in folder. I got problems with selecting specific file from the list of the files. when I runing the script I get a list of files instead of one specific file. I'm new with linux :) #!/bin/bash FILE=false ISFOUND=false while getopts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SimonBASH
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file directory

Hi, I am using the below command for searching the file var_SearchFile= find $var_DataSourcePath -name $var_SourceFileName Output: c:\test\Sample\Testfile.txt But I need to retrive only the Path that is "c:\test\Sample\" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: magesh_bala
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot find file directory

hi, i use command at below to copy the file and put it in the new file (if no such file, it will create right ) cat id_rsa.pub >>~/.ssh/authorized_keys it give me error bash: /home/pc2/.ssh/authorized_keys : No such file or directory can anyone tell me why this happened ? thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ericyue
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a pattern from an external file in a directory containing multiple file recursively

Hi, Need your help in this. I have an input file that has multiple enrollment_number, somewhat like 1234567 8901234 9856321 6732187 7623465 Now i have to search and delete these enrollment_number recursively from all the files that are within multiple sub-directories of a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
10 Replies

9. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find and get a file in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified?

How to get a file 'zlib.h' in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified lives under that starting directory by using find command, as it failed on: $ find . -name 'zlib.h' -a -ipath 'CHROME.TMP' -prune -o -print it'll just list entirely up (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
IDMAP_ODSAM(8)															    IDMAP_ODSAM(8)

NAME
idmap_odsam - Open Directory ID mapping backend for winbindd SYNOPSIS
The idmap_odsam plugin is the default backend used by Mac OS X for mapping SIDs and user and group IDs using Open Directory. It implements both the "idmap" and "idmap alloc" APIs. idmap_odsam should always be used in conjunction with the odsam passdb backend. IDMAP OPTIONS
odsam: msglevel = LEVEL LEVEL is the integer log level at which idmap_odsam should emit log messages. The lower LEVEL is, the more verbose the log mes- sages. odsam: traceall = BOOL If this is true, idmap_odsam will emit log messages for all Open Directory calls. If it is false (the default), it will only log errors. IDMAP ALLOC OPTIONS
The idmap_odsam does not allocate any mappings. On Mac OS X, all SID mappings should be made by modifying the appropriate Open Directory record. EXAMPLES
[global] idmap domain = default idmap config default:default = yes idmap config default:backend = odsam idmap alloc backend = odsam passdb backend = odsam odsam: msglevel = 0 # Log at debugging levels odsam: traceall = no # Do not trace Open Directory calls BUGS
Please report bugs to Apple. SEE ALSO
DirectoryService(8), smb.conf(5), winbindd(8) IDMAP_ODSAM(8)