Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp files from local sys to unix server Post 302549957 by rajesh_pola on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 09:50:07 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Thank you for your reply zaxxon.
I didn't get any error and its hanging while executing..
don't know the mistake in the script.

Regards
Rajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dowloading a File from FTP Server to a local Server where User Id's are different

Hi, The Setup is like this. I'm connecting to Unix machine from my local machine. After connecting to Unix M/c, i need to connect FTP server. Am successful in connecting to FTP server, but am not able to download the file from the ftp server to my local machine. I have different user id's and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjith_taurean
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to FTP a file from the local folder to unix server

Hi All, please help me to write a shell that ftp a file which is in the local (C:\) drive to a Unix server. Where as i know the IP for the Unix server. i could do this process by using ftp command. pls help me to write as Shell script. Thanks in advance for all of your answers.:b::b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How do i copy files from Unix Server to my Local Desktop.. ANy ideas..please suggest....V Urgent. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How to copy files from Unix server to Local (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies
SMBSTATUS(1)															      SMBSTATUS(1)

NAME
smbstatus - report on current Samba connections SYNOPSIS
smbstatus [ -P ] [ -b ] [ -d ] [ -L ] [ -p ] [ -S ] [ -s <configuration file> ] [ -u <username> ] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the Samba suite. smbstatus is a very simple program to list the current Samba connections. OPTIONS
-P If samba has been compiled with the profiling option, print only the contents of the profiling shared memory area. -b gives brief output. -d gives verbose output. -L causes smbstatus to only list locks. -p print a list of smbd(8) processes and exit. Useful for scripting. -S causes smbstatus to only list shares. -s <configuration file> The default configuration file name is determined at compile time. The file specified contains the configuration details required by the server. See smb.conf(5) for more information. -u <username> selects information relevant to username only. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 2.2 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8) and smb.conf(5) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/ <URL:ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/>) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 SMBSTATUS(1)