Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX choosing correct VG for Filesystem extend Post 302549717 by frank_rizzo on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 09:29:26 PM
Old 08-23-2011
you need to extend the volume group with a new LUN/disk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how can I extend /usr filesystem

How can extend /usr filesystem in hp-ux 11.11 (I'm not using online JFS) ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro_lezaeta
0 Replies

2. AIX

Extend a Filesystem with other LV

Hi Everybody, Is it possible to extend a Filesystem by adding a new LV that exist on different VG to this Filesystem? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
6 Replies

3. Solaris

How to extend a filesystem

I am running solaris 10 with Veritas. I want to extend a filesystem. It's an oracle partition (/ora12). How can I find out if there is space available to expand the filesystem and then how does one extend it. I'm from the HPUX world and so LVM was always how I did things. Thanks jackie (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackiebaron
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to extend a filesystem??

OK I'm sure this question has been posed far too many times. I have solaris 10 x86 with NO Veritas or Disksuite filesystems. Below is the output of df -k # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on / 10485760 547513 9317128 6% / /dev... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackiebaron
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

6. Solaris

I need expand or extend a filesystem dfsk.

Hello I need to expand a filesystem is full, but I understand that for this I need a volume manager like SVM or Veritas. I have installed solaris 10 but I give it a metastat and tells me there is no database, as if the installation does not have the sudmirrors attachments. The filesystem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cata
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to create a filesystem with the correct computation of PP

Hi everyone, im having a problem with the computation of the PP size for creating a filesystem. for example my requirement is to create a new filesystem with 10gig of system on aix 5.1 and aix 5.3 system. here's the result when i run lsvg vgSAN-sparkle could any provide me an exact... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

9. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Extend zfs storage filesystem

Hello, Need to ask the question regarding extending the zfs storage file system. currently after using the command, df -kh u01-data-pool/data 600G 552 48G 93% /data /data are only 48 gb remaining and it has occupied 93% for total storage. zpool u01-data-pool has more then 200 gb... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahzad53
14 Replies
NFSIOSTAT(1)							Linux User's Manual						      NFSIOSTAT(1)

NAME
nfsiostat - Report input/output statistics for network filesystems (NFS). SYNOPSIS
nfsiostat [ -h ] [ -k | -m ] [ -t ] [ -V ] [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
The nfsiostat command displays statistics about read and write operations on NFS filesystems. The interval parameter specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since system startup (boot). Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. A report con- sists of an NFS header row followed by a line of statistics for each network filesystem that is mounted. The count parameter can be speci- fied in conjunction with the interval parameter. If the count parameter is specified, the value of count determines the number of reports generated at interval seconds apart. If the interval parameter is specified without the count parameter, the nfsiostat command generates reports continuously. REPORT
The Network Filesystem (NFS) report provides statistics for each mounted network filesystem. Transfer rates are shown in 1K blocks by default, unless the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, in which case 512-byte blocks are used. The report shows the following fields: Filesystem: This columns shows the hostname of the NFS server followed by a colon and by the directory name where the network filesystem is mounted. rBlk_nor/s (rkB_nor/s, rMB_nor) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) read by applications via the read(2) system call interface. A block has a size of 512 bytes. wBlk_nor/s (wkB_nor/s, wMB_nor/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) written by applications via the write(2) system call interface. rBlk_dir/s (rkB_dir/s, rMB_dir/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) read from files opened with the O_DIRECT flag. wBlk_dir/s (wkB_dir/s, wMB_dir/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) written to files opened with the O_DIRECT flag. rBlk_svr/s (rkB_svr/s, rMB_svr/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) read from the server by the NFS client via an NFS READ request. wBlk_svr/s (wkB_svr/s, wMB_svr/s) Indicate the number of blocks (kilobytes, megabytes) written to the server by the NFS client via an NFS WRITE request. ops/s Indicate the number of operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. rops/s Indicate the number of 'read' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. wops/s Indicate the number of 'write' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. OPTIONS
-h Make the NFS report easier to read by a human. -k Display statistics in kilobytes per second. -m Display statistics in megabytes per second. -t Print the time for each report displayed. The timestamp format may depend on the value of the S_TIME_FORMAT environment variable (see below). -V Print version number then exit. ENVIRONMENT
The nfsiostat command takes into account the following environment variables: S_TIME_FORMAT If this variable exists and its value is ISO then the current locale will be ignored when printing the date in the report header. The nfsiostat command will use the ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD) instead. The timestamp displayed with option -t will also be com- pliant with ISO 8601 format. POSIXLY_CORRECT When this variable is set, transfer rates are shown in 512-byte blocks instead of the default 1K blocks. BUG
/proc filesystem must be mounted for nfsiostat to work. FILE
/proc/self/mountstats contains statistics for network filesystems. AUTHORS
Written by Ivana Varekova (varekova <at> redhat.com) Maintained by Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), pidstat(1), mpstat(1), vmstat(8), iostat(1), cifsiostat(1) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux JANUARY 2011 NFSIOSTAT(1)