Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T5220 disk mapping issue
Operating Systems Solaris T5220 disk mapping issue Post 302549218 by ejdv on Monday 22nd of August 2011 08:32:32 AM
Old 08-22-2011
T5220 disk mapping issue

Hi,

More a Sun T5220 problem then a Solaris 10 problem, but perhaps someone had a similar issue.

For starters the output with 1 disk in slot 0 of the server.
It points to PhyNum 5, where I would expect PhyNum 0.

Code:
{0} ok probe-scsi

MPT Version 1.05, Firmware Version 1.22.00.00

Target 5
Unit 0   Disk     HITACHI H101414SCSUN146GSA25    286739329 Blocks, 146 GB
  SASAddress 5000cca000820b05  PhyNum 5

In total I have 8 disks (4x 146GB and 4x 300GB) and when slotted they all show an unexpected PhyNum.

A second server that I have installed shows the 'correct' mapping.
I need them to be exactly the same.
Also the ZFS settings will be different and I cannot have that.

Anyone that came across this and knows a solution ?

Greetings,

ejdv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

disk issue

Hi, I have a AIX 4.3 box here with problems cause of a disk in below VG. volume group: workvg lspv hdisk4 000166789869ab2d workvg hdisk5 000166789869b96b workvg now hdisk4 disk has failed and cause the quorum was set, workvg became varied off. I have to replace the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mapping device from an inq output to veritas disk groups

Hi, Does anyone have a clever way of mapping the following from two different files using perl. sample line from vxdisk list output (vxdisk-list.file): emcpower18s2 auto:sliced IDFAG1_1 (IDFAG1_appdg) online sample line from 'inq' output (inq.file): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csoesan
0 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR and vio disk mapping

We have a frame the uses 2 vios that assign disk storage to LPAR's. We have a LPAr with multiple disk and I want to know how do I tell which vio is serving the disk. For example the LPAr has hdisk 0, 1, 2, 3 all the same size. I want to know which vio is serving hdisk0, 1. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

4. AIX

Disk I/O Issue

We have a filesystem which contains 8 hard disks but i am facing disk I/O issue becuase data is not spreading across all the disks.Is there any way i can check how data is spreading and any parameter we need to change to spread ata across all disks. OS--AIX 5.3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
3 Replies

5. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Storage issue on T5220

We have one box T5220 which was assigned 2x100G Luns but i have a strange problem if i use powermt display it only shows me one card but cfgadm, fcinfo commands shows 2 dual port cards as up. What could be the reason for it. I already did a re-configure reboot but that didn't help. Can anyone help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Server disk issue need help

Hello all, Our Solaris 9? Sun Fire 480R backup server(in another city) is throwing disk errors such as these repeatedly. WARNING: vxvm:vxio: Subdisk rootdisk-02 block 24037056: Uncorrectable read error WARNING: vxvm:vxio: Subdisk rootdisk-02 block 7767072: Uncorrectable write error ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: RyanV
18 Replies

9. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

10. Linux

Logical Volume to physical disk mapping

When installing Linux, I choose some default setting to use all the disk space. My server has a single internal 250Gb SCSI disk. By default the install appears to have created 3 logical volumes lv_root, lv_home and lv_swap. fdisk -l shows the following lab3.nms:/dev>fdisk -l Disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies
ZFSBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						ZFSBOOT(8)

NAME
zfsboot -- bootcode for ZFS on BIOS-based computers DESCRIPTION
zfsboot is used on BIOS-based computers to boot from a filesystem in a ZFS pool. zfsboot is installed in two parts on a disk or a partition used by a ZFS pool. The first part, a single-sector starter boot block, is installed at the beginning of the disk or partition. The second part, a main boot block, is installed at a special offset within the disk or partition. Both areas are reserved by the ZFS on-disk specifi- cation for boot use. If zfsboot is installed in a partition, then that partition should be made bootable using appropriate configuration and boot blocks described in boot(8). BOOTING
The zfsboot boot process is very similar to that of gptzfsboot(8). One significant difference is that zfsboot does not currently support the GPT partitioning scheme. Thus only whole disks and MBR partitions, traditionally referred to as slices, are probed for ZFS disk labels. See the BUGS section in gptzfsboot(8) for some limitations of the MBR scheme support. USAGE
zfsboot supports all the same prompt and configuration file arguments as gptzfsboot(8). FILES
/boot/zfsboot boot code binary /boot.config parameters for the boot block (optional) /boot/config alternative parameters for the boot block (optional) EXAMPLES
zfsboot is typically installed using dd(1). To install zfsboot on the ada0 drive: dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 iseek=1 oseek=1024 If the drive is currently in use, the GEOM safety will prevent writes and must be disabled before running the above commands: sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=0x10 zfsboot can also be installed in an MBR slice: gpart create -s mbr ada0 gpart add -t freebsd ada0 gpart create -s BSD ada0s1 gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0 gpart set -a active -i 1 ada0 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 iseek=1 oseek=1024 Note that commands to create and populate a pool are not shown in the example above. SEE ALSO
dd(1), boot.config(5), boot(8), gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
zfsboot appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Installing zfsboot with dd(1) is a hack. ZFS needs a command to properly install zfsboot onto a ZFS-controlled disk or partition. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD