Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Escaping " and ' in sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Escaping " and ' in sed Post 302548588 by imrikk on Thursday 18th of August 2011 08:16:47 PM
Old 08-18-2011
That was driving me crazy.

Works perfectly.
Cheers!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Escaping non-readable characters using grep, sed or awk

I'm trying to parse out DNS logs from dozens of different domain controllers over a large period of time. The logs are rolled up into individual text files by size, which may contain only a portion of a day's activity or several day's worth (depending on amount of activity). I'm splitting them by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanwpaul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting variable value to dynamic sed match - escaping hell

Hello All, I'm trying to write a script that will perform a dynamic match (of a dynamic variable) and set a variable to have the resulting (match) value. The idea is that the environment variable to check ($1) and the regular expression to use ($2) are given as parameters. For example,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aedgar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns error "sed: -e expression #1, char 18: unterminated `s' command"

Hello All, I have something like below LDC100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a LAA2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a I want to remove till first forward slash that is outputshould be as below rel/prod/libinactrl.a rel/prod/libinactrl.a How can I do that ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command escaping backslash "/"

Hello friends/'unix experts', i have a file as below cat sample.txt satish /rakesh/ sandhya /sandeep/ i have to replace /rakesh/ with rakesh, how can i do it with sed, i tried below code but its throwing errors sed -e 's/'"\(/rakesh/)\"'/\1rakesh/g' sample.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: only4satish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escaping backslash and asterisk in egrep to match "\*"

So far what i've got is egrep '^(\\)\*$'No luck. I've searched the web and not much luck. I know about the escape character \ but its confusing to figure out how to use it to match a backslash and use it to escape the asterisk also. Any ides? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewfs
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - replacement file path with variable - Escaping / character

Hi,, I have the line below in a file: $!VarSet |LFDSFN1| = '"E:\APC\Trials\20140705_427_Prototype Trial\Data\T4_20140705_Trial_Cycle_Data_13_T_Norm.txt" "VERSION=100 FILEEXT=\"*.txt\" FILEDESC=\"General Text\" "+""+"TITLE{SEARCH=NONE NAME=\"New Dataset\" LINE=1I want to write a script to change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlr
2 Replies
foo2lava(1)						      General Commands Manual						       foo2lava(1)

NAME
foo2lava - Convert Ghostscript pbmraw or bitcmyk format into a LAVAFLOW or a OPL printer stream SYNOPSIS
foo2lava [options] <pbmraw-file >lava-file foo2lava [options] <bitcmyk-file >lava-file foo2lava [options] <pksmraw-file >lava-file DESCRIPTION
foo2lava converts Ghostscript pbmraw, bitcmyk, or pksmraw output formats to monochrome or color LAVAFLOW or OPL streams, for driving the Konica Minolta magicolor 2530 DL network color laser printer, the Konica Minolta magicolor 2480/2480 MF AIO printer, and other Zenograph- ics-based LAVAFLOW printers. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
Normal Options These are the options used to select the parameters of a print job that are usually controlled on a per job basis. -c Force color mode if autodetect doesn't work. -d duplex Duplex code to send to printer [1]. | | | |1 off | 2 long edge | 3 short edge -g xpixxypix Set page dimensions in pixels [10200x6600]. -m media Media code to send to printer [0]. -------------------------- Media 2530DL -------------------------- plain 0 transparency 4 thick stock 20 envelope 22 letterhead 23 postcard 25 labels 26 recycled 27 -p paper Paper code to send to printer [2]. +------------------+---------------------+ | 1 executive | 25 A5 | | 2 letter | 26 A4 | | 3 legal | 45 B5jis | | 80 env Monarch | 65 B5iso | | 81 env #10 | 90 env DL | | 91 env C5 | 92 env C6 | |835 4x6" photo | 837 10x15cm photo | +------------------+---------------------+ -n copies Number of copies [1]. -r xresxyres Set device resolution in pixels/inch [1200x600]. -s source Source (InputSlot) code to send to printer [255]. | | |1 Tray 1 | 255 auto |4 Tray 2 | -t Draft mode. Every other pixel is white. -J filename Filename string to send to printer. -U username Username string to send to printer. Printer Tweaking Options These are the options used to customize the operation of foo2lava for a particular printer. -u xoffxyoff Set the offset of the start of the printable region from the upper left corner, in pixels [0x0]. -l xoffxyoff Set the offset of the end of the printable region from the lower right corner, in pixels [0x0]. -L mask Send logical clipping amounts implied by -u/-l in the LAVAFLOW stream [3]. 0 don't send any logical clipping amounts 1 only send Y clipping amount 2 only send X clipping amount 3 send both X and Y clipping amounts -A AllIsBlack: convert C=1,M=1,Y=1 to just K=1. Works with bitcmyk input only. -B BlackClears: K=1 forces C,M,Y to 0. Works with bitcmyk input only. -z model Model. The default is [0]. model protocol Description 0 LAVAFLOW magicolor 2490 MF 0 LAVAFLOW magicolor 2530 DL 1 OPL magicolor 2480 MF 2 LAVAFLOW magicolor 1600W 2 LAVAFLOW magicolor 1680MF 2 LAVAFLOW magicolor 1690MF Debugging Options These options are used for debugging foo2lava. -S plane Output just a single color plane from a color print and print it on the black plane. The default is to output all color planes. 1 Cyan 2 Magenta 3 Yellow 4 Black -D level Set Debug level [0]. EXAMPLES
Create a black and white LAVAFLOW stream: gs -q -dBATCH -dSAFER -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=letter -r1200x600 -sDEVICE=pbmraw -sOutputFile=- - < testpage.ps | foo2lava -r1200x600 -g10200x6600 -p1 >testpage.zm Create a color LAVAFLOW stream: gs -q -dBATCH -dSAFER -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=letter -g10200x6600 -r1200x600 -sDEVICE=bitcmyk -sOutputFile=- - < testpage.ps | foo2lava -r1200x600 -g10200x6600 -p1 >testpage.zc FILES
/usr/bin/foo2lava SEE ALSO
foo2lava-wrapper(1), lavadecode(1) AUTHOR
Rick Richardson <rick.richardson@comcast.com> http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/