Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk array problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk array problem Post 302548488 by cmp260 on Friday 19th of August 2011 04:11:43 AM
Old 08-19-2011
hi, nudging the post in hope the last question gets answered

just nudging the post in hope the last question gets answeredSmilie

---------- Post updated 19-08-11 at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous update was 18-08-11 at 07:08 PM ----------

debugging I added this at lines 86 and 96
Code:
TOTALBATS++;
  print TOTALBATS > "/dev/stderr"; 

TOTALBATS--;
  print TOTALBATS > "/dev/stderr";

the resulting stats output shows what is happening:
Code:
Date: @2011-07-19 IN: +14 OUT: 16 Maximum count: 0 mismatch= 2 (no maximum)

If there is a negative maximum (this would happen if the logger was intalled in reverse -easily possible in the field) the result is that no maximum count is recorded -it should be 6 above.
any idea how I can achieve this?
thanksSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk array problem

hi i am trying to perform some calculations with awk and arrays. i have this so far: awk 'NR==FNR{ for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {array+=$i} tot++;next} {for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {avg=array/tot} {diff=(array - avg)}} {for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {printf("%5.8f\n",diff)}}' "$count".txt "$count".ttt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with lookup values on AWK associative array

I'm at wits end with this issue and my troubleshooting leads me to believe it is a problem with the file formatting of the array referenced by my script: awk -F, '{if (NR==FNR) {a=$4","$3","$2}\ else {print a "," $0}}' WBTSassignments1.txt RNCalarms.tmp On the WBTSassignments1.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Array problem

Dear All, I am facing problem to get right output through awk program I have file in which “B” value is appearing multiple time and I need to capture all these values. My script is BEGIN { FS=" " } { if ( substr($1,1,5) == "START" ) { i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help. how to compare a variable with a data array in AWK?

Hi all, i have a data array as follows. array=ertfgj2345 array=456ttygkd . . . array=errdjt3235 so number or elements in the array can varies depending on how big the data input is. now i have a variable, and it is $1 (there are $2, $3 and so on, i am only interested in $1). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging Awk array problem

Hi, I rather have a very complicated awk problem here, at least to me. I have two files. File 1: 607 687 174 0 0 chr1 3000001 3000156 -194195276 - L1_Mur2 LINE L1 -4310 1567 1413 1 607 917 214 114 45 chr1 3000237 ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk array problem

I am trying to map values in the input file, where 2nd column depends on the specific value in the 1st column. When 1st column is A place 1 into 2nd column, when it is B, place 2, when C place 3, otherwise no change. My input: U |100|MAIN ST |CLMN1|1 A |200|GREEN LN |CLMN2|2 1 |12... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk array when loading from shell variable

Hi, I have a problem with awk array when iam trying to use awk in solaris box as below..Iam unable to figure out the problem.. Need your help. is there any alternative to make it in arrays from variable values nawk 'BEGIN {SUBSEP=" "; split("101880|110045 101887|110045 101896|110045... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Index problem in associate array in awk

I am trying to reformat the table by filling any missing rows. The final table will have consecutive IDs in the first column. My problem is the index of the associate array in the awk script. infile: S01 36407 53706 88540 S02 69343 87098 87316 S03 50133 59721 107923... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)