Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Im having cygwin problems on windooze 64 Post 302548450 by Sssssssssssslep on Thursday 18th of August 2011 12:02:57 PM
Old 08-18-2011
Question Im having cygwin problems on windooze 64

I have installed ruby with cygwin
according to these inst:
w w w .sproutcore.com/install_win/#tab=advanced-install

but at the last command:

gem install sproutcore I'm getting a bunch of errors:

Code:
$ gem install sproutcore
Fetching: rack-1.3.2.gem (100%)
Fetching: json_pure-1.4.6.gem (100%)
Fetching: extlib-0.9.15.gem (100%)
Fetching: erubis-2.7.0.gem (100%)
Fetching: thor-0.14.6.gem (100%)
Fetching: haml-3.1.2.gem (100%)
Fetching: sass-3.1.7.gem (100%)
Fetching: chunky_png-1.2.1.gem (100%)
Fetching: fssm-0.2.7.gem (100%)
Fetching: compass-0.11.5.gem (100%)
Fetching: eventmachine-1.0.0.beta.3.gem (100%)
Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
      1 [main] ruby 7216 C:\cygwin\home\me\.rvm\rubies\ruby-1.9.2-p290\
bin\ruby.exe: *** fatal error - unable to remap \\?\C:\cygwin\home\me\.
rvm\rubies\ruby-1.9.2-p290\lib\ruby\1.9.1\i386-cygwin\etc.so to same 
address as
parent: 0x3E0000 != 0x3F0000
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
00289098  6102796B  (00289098, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)
00289388  6102796B  (6117EC60, 00008000, 00000000, 61180977)
0028A3B8  61004F1B  (611A7FAC, 612492D4, 003E0000, 003F0000)
End of stack trace
      1 [main] ruby 9668 fork: child 7216 - died waiting for dll 
loading, errno

Last edited by pludi; 08-18-2011 at 04:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about cygwin

hi everyone. i have a problem on installing binary file in my cygwin. could anyone help me wat command should i use to install it ? thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wins1982
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

5. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin

hi.... i want to set an alias to "ls -lart" permanently. i am using cygwin and in that .bashrc and .bash_profile files are readonly. so please tell me how i can do that? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with simple script in cygwin

Hello! I have somo problems with simple scripts like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter your name and press : " read var_name echo "Your name is: $var_name" When I try to run it, this error occurs: ':not a valid identifier var_name. Why?? (I work in cygiwin) Is there anybody out... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
10 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problems with batch files for Cygwin/rxvt

I'm trying to write batch scripts of the kind that start a Cygwin session in rxvt from the desktop, with the added feature that the session starts in a folder other than $HOME. I want to do this for two folders I use often. According to the manpage, rxvt has a "-cd" command. Therefore, at first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin

Do clear command do not work in cygwin.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies
GEM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GEM(4)

NAME
gem -- ERI/GEM/GMAC Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device gem Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_gem_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The gem driver provides support for the GMAC Ethernet hardware found mostly in the last Apple PowerBooks G3s and most G4-based Apple hard- ware, as well as Sun UltraSPARC machines. All controllers supported by the gem driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 512-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
Chips supported by the gem driver include: o Apple GMAC o Sun ERI 10/100 Mbps Ethernet o Sun GEM Gigabit Ethernet The following add-on cards are known to work with the gem driver at this time: o Sun Gigabit Ethernet PCI 2.0/3.0 (GBE/P) (part no. 501-4373) o Sun Gigabit Ethernet SBus 2.0/3.0 (GBE/S) (part no. 501-4375) NOTES
On sparc64 the gem driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the gem driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include the on-board Sun ERI 10/100 Mbps on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and the Sun Gigabit Ethernet 2.0/3.0 GBE add-on cards. SEE ALSO
altq(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The gem device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The gem driver was written for NetBSD by Eduardo Horvath <eeh@NetBSD.org>. It was ported to FreeBSD by Thomas Moestl <tmm@FreeBSD.org> and later on improved by Marius Strobl <marius@FreeBSD.org>. The man page was written by Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>. BSD
December 25, 2009 BSD

Featured Tech Videos