Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: complex requirement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting complex requirement Post 302548369 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 18th of August 2011 08:35:19 AM
Old 08-18-2011
So whats the output expected from the above sample file..? Can you post us..?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SPOT requirement

Hey May be a dumb question Can I use a SPOT which is at 5.3 TL6 to boot an LPAR (with 5.3 TL8) in to maintenance mode? Will it work ? Is it mandatory that SPOT should be of same or higher version in such case? Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requirement

I am trying to script and came up with a conclusion that I need a do while loop in my statement. I am stuck with the do while syntax. I need to use it alongwith the if then else statement. Can I use it is a big question? I actually need to get all the files that are there from within run_dt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aronmelon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT REQUIREMENT

1.Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern. (i) Conditions for creating log files. Log file is created with date (example 2010_03_27.log). If the log file size is 10 Mb for a particular day then automatically the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen12
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping requirement

Hi all, I have little working knowledge in unix shell scripting. I have a requirement where i need to pull out some data in between the strings in the file. Input: TEST a a c f d TEST f e g g TEST Output: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyasrin82
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - requirement

Hi All, I have a source file with data Name ~ Groups Muni~abc,was,USA_ax,123 Chaitanya~USA_12,was Balaji~123,xyz,was Ramu~123,xyz From the second column i want to extract only the groups that matches the pattern 'USA_%' or if the group = 'was', and ignore any other columns. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script requirement

Please help in creating script for below requirement. I will be running 1 command and will get below entries in a text file say file44.txt ******************************* DFDL1005 06:30 00:05 ABFL2003 10/22 01:10 CFTL1256 10/24 00:10 10/25 09:20 PM ******************************** .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay_3308
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX requirement

Hi Everyone, Can anyone of you help me on how to get files creation time on ftp server/Remote server in unix. Regards, Avinash. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash varma
6 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS requirement for FC and ethernet

Hello, I have some unclear about how VIOS uses its resources. Assume that VIOS lpar has only 1 physical FC, and we use that to connect to the Lun. Then we install VIOS for the lpar on that Lun. So my question is, afterward, we can still use that physical FC for the virtual FC we create... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
3 Replies
search.h(3HEAD)                                                       Headers                                                      search.h(3HEAD)

NAME
search.h, search - search tables SYNOPSIS
#include <search.h> DESCRIPTION
The <search.h> header defines the ENTRY type for structure entry, which includes the following members: char *key void *data and defines ACTION and VISIT as enumeration data types through type definitions as follows: enum { FIND, ENTER } ACTION; enum { preorder, postorder, endorder, leaf } VISIT; The size_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hsearch(3C), insque(3C), lsearch(3C), tsearch(3C), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 search.h(3HEAD)