Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help in scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in scripting Post 302548122 by jville on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 01:05:52 PM
Old 08-17-2011
you can try this example

File dx1
Code:
#cat dx1 
this is rec1
this is rec2
this is rec3

File dx2
Code:
#cat dx2
rec1
rec2
rec3
rec4
rec5

script
Code:
# !/bin/bash
for i in $(ls dx*)
do
    cat $i >> allnumber.txt
done
cat allnumber.txt | awk '{ print NR $0 }' > all_number.txt
rm allnumber.txt

---------- Post updated at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:04 AM ----------

Result
Code:
1this is rec1
2this is rec2
3this is rec3
4rec1
5rec2
6rec3
7rec4
8rec5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

New to scripting

We have a scripting requirement, Background: On a particular path, we compress a load of log files into tar.gz. This is done on an hourly basis throughout the day and it produces files of the following format, 2005-08-05-00-021031.tar.gz as an example. This is done by a script. We need: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_149
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on scripting

in unix bc command is used as calculator and also for conversion, i want to convert 5f to decimal. but bc dont consider 5f as hex value it considers 5F as hex value. I get 5f from other iteration so i cant change that f to F...is there any way to convert 5f to decimal ot 5f to 5F :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinandantn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting Help

Hello all. Like Ive stated before, I am new to world of Unix. I was given the tast to create a script that will concatenate 20 files into one file. I know that the cat command is to be used but I am looking for something to get started on. Again, basically I need to wrtie a script that whill... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

8. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies
XGFMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XGFMERGE(1)

NAME
xgfmerge - merges two Xgridfit program files SYNOPSIS
xgfmerge [options] file-a file-b [...] DESCRIPTION
Xgfmerge merges two or more Xgridfit program files, where file-a is a program generated automatically from an existing font using TTX and ttx2xgf, and file-b and any other files in the list contain other programming for the font. Xgfmerge outputs the merged programming to stdout. To capture the output in a file, use this syntax: $xgfmerge -o merged-file.xgf file-a.xgf file-b.xgf Note: To merge Xgridfit instructions with those already in a font, the best method is now to run Xgridfit in merge-mode (option -m). OPTIONS
-c Look for a <default type="compile-globals"/> element in each file after the first in the list. If value="no" then ignore all <default>, <control-value>, <function>, <macro> and <pre-program> elements in the file. -h Display a help message. -n Merge <no-compile> elements from all files. <glyph> elements with duplicate "ps-name" attributes are ignored. -o file The file to write the output to. If this option is not used, output is written to stdout. -p When a <pre-program> element in a file other than file-a is available, use it instead of the one from file-a. If this option is not present, xgfmerge merges the programming in the <pre-program> of file-a with that in the <pre-program> of whichever file is being merged at the moment. The result is unlikely to be good if a single run of xgfmerge merges the contents of more than two <pre- program> elements. -s Sort <glyph> elements in the output file into alphabetical order. -v Verbose output: xgfmerge tells you what it is doing at each step. -x Resolve XIncludes before merging all files in the list except for file-a. Any XIncludes from file-a.xgf are stripped out of the files before this operation is performed. If XInclude is used to bring global elements (<control-value>, <function>, etc.) into these files, it is probably a good idea to use the -c option as well. FILES
/usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/merge.xsl An XSLT script that performs the merge. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/xinclude.xsl An XSLT script that strips out unwanted XIncludes. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/sort-glyphs.xsl An XSLT script that sorts glyph elements in a file. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/utils/add-blanks.sed Does some formatting of the output. SEE ALSO
xgridfit(1), ttx(1), ttx2xgf(1). AUTHOR
Xgfmerge was written by Peter Baker <psb6m@virginia.edu>. This manual page was written by Peter Baker 2009-12-18 XGFMERGE(1)