Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i delete the content between all the occurences of two strings using sed or awk command Post 302548029 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 09:45:42 AM
Old 08-17-2011
Something like this?
Code:
awk '/<script>/{p=1} /<\/script>/{p=0; next}!p' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting occurences of different strings in a file

Hi, i'd like to know if the following is possible with a shell script, and can't find the answer in the search. Suppose i have a logfile build like this: # 8 :riuyzp1028 # 38 : riuyzp1028 # 25 : riuyvzp1032 # 30 : nlkljpa0202 # 1 : nlklja0205 # 38 : riuyzp1028 # 25 :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freerider
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, awk [TAG]$content[/TAG] How to get var in $content in textfile?

Hello, I got a Qstion. Im posting to a phpbb forum with bash and curl.. i have a text file with the following tags that i post to the forum: $var1 $var2 $var3 How can i with sed or awk put var content from shell script between the ... in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Bash/Sed to delete between identical strings

Hi. I'm hoping that someone can help me with a bash script to delete a block of lines from a file. What I want to do is delete every line between two stings that are the same, including the line the first string is on but not the second. (Marked lines to match with !) For example if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete 2 strings from 1 line with sed?

Hi guys, I wonder if it's possible to search for a line containing 2 strings and delete that line and perhaps replace the source file with already deleted line(s). What I mean is something like this: sourcefile.txt line1: something 122344 somethin2 24334 45554676 line2: another something... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: netrom
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the occurences of strings

I have some text files in a folder f1 with 10 columns. The first five columns of a file are shown below. aab abb 263-455 263 455 aab abb 263-455 263 455 aab abb 263-455 263 455 bbb abb 26-455 26 455 bbb abb 26-455 26 455 bbb aka 264-266 264 266 bga bga 230-232 230 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomez
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - delete content inside tags multiline

I need that a certain part of the content below excluded ==Image Gallery== followed by <gallery> and the content until </gallery> test SED1 ==Image Gallery== <gallery> Image:car1.jpg| Car 1<sup>1</sup> Imagem: car2.jpg| Car2<sup>2</sup> </gallery> test SED2 ==Image... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl regex problem on strings with several occurences of one char

Hi all, i have the following line in a record file : retenu=non demande=non script=#vtbackup /path=/save/backup/demande position=140+70 and i want to use Perl regex to have the following output key : "retenu" value : "non" key : "demande" value "non" key : "script" value :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to delete content before and after a matched pattern

Hello, I have been trying to write a script where I could get awk to delete data before and after a matched pattern. For eg Raw data Start NAME = John Age = 35 Occupation = Programmer City = New York Certification Completed = No Salary = 80000 End Start NAME = Mary Age = 25... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)