Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting Specific Columns and Insert the delimiter TAB Post 302547441 by filter on Monday 15th of August 2011 04:37:08 PM
Old 08-15-2011
Hi birei,

Thank a lot for your help.

I Really appreciate your time and concern. Thank you very much for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a tab delimiter file

I have a 30 column tab delimited record file. I need to extract the first 10column. The following command to cut was not working cut -f 1-10 -d "\t" filename. Could any one keep on this . Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod.thayil
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to differentiate columns of a file in perl with no specific delimiter

Hi everybody, This time I am having one issue in perl. I have to create comma separated file using the following type of information. The problem is the columns do not have any specific delimiter. So while using split I am getting different value. Some where it is space(S) and some where it is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiya Rath
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to search delimiter tab in a line and replace it

hi every one plz help me i want to search for a line contains tabspace This is a line The should be changed see the above line is seperated with tab space i want to replace that tab space in to # as This is a line#The should be changed i have tried with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting specific 'id's from lines and columns using 'SED' or 'AWK'

Hello experts, I am new to this group and to 'SED' and 'AWK'. I have data (text file) with 5 columns (C_1-5) and 100s of lines (only 10 lines are shown below as an example). I have to find or select only the id numbers (C-1) of specific lines with '90' in the same line (of C_3) AND with '20' in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamskamu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma

How can i make a tab delimiter file to a comma delimiter??? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two tab-delimiter files

Hi, I have two files like: file1 chr1 40 chr1 50 chr2 10 chr2 60 file2 chr1 30 chr1 50 chr2 15 chr2 20 and want to get the difference of column 2 when column 1 is the same in both files. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space in specific column among many columns

Hello, I have some problem in inserting the space for the pairs of columns. I have the input file : I used this code below in replacing it using space in specific column (replace space in each two columns) sed -e "s/,/ /2" -e "s/,/ /3" inputfile Output showed : However, I have many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and insert columns in a tab delimited file

Hi all , I have a file having 12 columns tab delimited . I need to read this file and remove the column 3 and column 4 and insert a word in column 3 as "AVIALABLE " Is there a way to do this . I am trying like below Thanks DJ cat $FILENAME|awk -F"\t" '{ print $1 "\t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
3 Replies
DIFFTIME(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       DIFFTIME(3)

NAME
difftime - calculate time difference SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> double difftime(time_t time1, time_t time0); DESCRIPTION
The difftime() function returns the number of seconds elapsed between time time1 and time time0, represented as a double. Each of the times is specified in calendar time, which means its value is a measurement (in seconds) relative to the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC). CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.3BSD, C89, C99. NOTES
On a POSIX system, time_t is an arithmetic type, and one could just define #define difftime(t1,t0) (double)(t1 - t0) when the possible overflow in the subtraction is not a concern. SEE ALSO
date(1), gettimeofday(2), time(2), ctime(3), gmtime(3), localtime(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-12-22 DIFFTIME(3)