Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Xaw3d asciiTextWidget: how to scroll right without scrollbar Post 302546418 by Bibi Monash on Thursday 11th of August 2011 07:23:33 AM
Old 08-11-2011
On usenet I have found out that I must have been looking at the wrong xfm version. The newer version has its own text field code. I have added that widget to my code now. I would still prefer the default Xaw3d stuff, though
update:
With autofill to true, and overriding "~Ctrl ~Alt <Key>:", you can get comparable behavior in Xaw3d. I set MAXLEN higher than the max possible string length allowed to be inputted, and I use
XawTextSinkFindDistance(XawTextGetSink(widget),position,-1,(XawTextPosition)MAXLEN,\
&someint,&curposition,&someotherint) and XawTextTopPosition(widget) to track the position and line number in the display.
It is not good, but it is a start

Last edited by Bibi Monash; 08-15-2011 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: kind of solved

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

missing scrollbar

Hi, My tcsh window doesn't have a scrollbar, so I don't get a lot of history! Can you help to get scrollbar? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parisa_3456
3 Replies

2. Solaris

right scrollbar on xterm

I'm using exceed on a Windows PC to open a xterm to my SunOs 5.8 system. Everything works fine except for one thing, I can't have my scrollbar on the right side of the xterm windows. Here's a copy of my .Xdefaults file: # xterm xterm*loginShell: True xterm*background: black... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies

3. AIX

aixterm scroll?

on a AIX sys i have been trying to get the mouse scroll wheel to page the terminal for about 2 yrs now on aixterm. any ideas. the below syntax does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm. ------------------------- this does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm,, with a cat Xdefult |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xterm scrollbar issue

I have a xterm window opening from my Java code. This xterm is opened from the code in this manner: // to run shell command in a xterm window public synchronized void rshd(String title, String commd) { String xt = "xterm -sb -T "; String xtm = xt + title + " -e " + commd; Runtime run =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanz
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm scrollbar

I have a xterm window opening from my Java code. This xterm is opened from the code in this manner: // to run shell command in a xterm window public synchronized void rshd(String title, String commd) { String xt = "xterm -sb -T "; String xtm = xt + title + " -e " + commd; Runtime run =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scrollbar in email

Hi, I am sending a text file through email as email-body. This file is having records which have width more than a page. When i recieve the email, i can see no scrollbar in the email. So its not easy to read the mail as multiple pages are shrinked into one page. I want to have horizontal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

7. AIX

Enable scrollbar on all aixterm windows ?

There is this workstations that I sometimes work on and it annoys me because it does not have any vertical scrollbar enabled. I did a Google on activating scroll bar but they talk about escape sequences that I have no clue on how to do this: CSI ? P m h DEC Private Mode Set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Man Pages - Removed Table Tags and Fixed Scrollbar Issue

OK. I fixed the horizonal scroll bar issues in the man pages pre format output for the man pages by removing all table tags and converting to divs: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums220-picture876.png I still have some work to do on reformatting the deep search redirects and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies