Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: count
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting count Post 302546274 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 10:59:16 PM
Old 08-10-2011
hmm, seems like homework Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count the record count in an EBCDIC file.

How do I get the record count in an EBCDIC file on a Linux Box. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting using count, grep and count

Hi, I trying to sort information in a file by making count for every object. For example: A B A D A B C i would like to sort out count for each object (A's, B's and etc) but in actual case i dont know the object but i know the position ofthe object. do i need to use array as well? Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhpal_78
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Sum, Count and Distinct Count of a file

Hi all this is a UNIX question. I have a large flat file with millions of records. col1|col2|col3 1|a|b 2|c|d 3|e|f 3|g|h footer**** I am supposed to calculate the sum of col1 1+2+3+3=9, count of col1 1,2,3,3=4, and distinct count of col1 1,2,3=c3 I would like it if you avoid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhabhijit
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

count identical strings print last row and count

I have a sorted file like: Apple 3 Apple 5 Apple 8 Banana 2 Banana 3 Grape 31 Orange 7 Orange 13 I'd like to search $1 and if $1 is not the same as $1 in the previous row print that row and print the number of times $1 was found. so the output would look like: Apple 8 3 Banana... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the delimeter from a file and delete the row if delimeter count doesnt match.

I have a file containing about 5 million rows, in the file there are some records which has extra delimiter at random position. (we dont know the positions), now we have to Count the delimeter from each row and if the count of delimeter is not matching then I want to delete those rows from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akumar1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - count character count of fields

Hello All, I got a requirement when I was working with a file. Say the file has unloads of data from a table in the form 1|121|asda|434|thesi|2012|05|24| 1|343|unit|09|best|2012|11|5| I was put into a scenario where I need the field count in all the lines in that file. It was simply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 header count with file2 line count

What I'm trying to accomplish. I receive a Header and Detail file for daily processing. The detail file comes first which holds data, the header is a receipt of the detail file and has the detail files record count. Before processing the detail file I would like to put a wrapper around another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pone2332
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find the count of IP addresses that belong to different subnets and display the count?

Hi, I have a file with a list of bunch of IP addresses from different VLAN's . I am trying to find the list the number of each vlan occurence in the output Here is how my file looks like 1.1.1.1 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3 1.1.2.1 1.1.2.2 1.1.3.1 1.1.3.2 1.1.3.3 1.1.3.4 So what I am trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
2 Replies
SCOLASYNC(1)						       scolasync User Manual						      SCOLASYNC(1)

NAME
scolasync - a file manager dedicated to dealing with a collection of removable media, like music mobile players. It makes easier to copy files to a set of removable media, and to copy files from them. SYNOPSIS
scolasync [{-c | --check}] DESCRIPTION
scolasync allows you to send a series of files towards a set of removable media. Every individual removable storage device is identified, for example to its owner. Then, later, you can retreive modified files from the same collection of removable media and track the modifications attributable to each owner. A possible usage is with students learning a foreign language: they are given homework on their USB sticks, and they bring them back with modified contents to get scores. OPTIONS
-c , --check Enables checkboxes to select a subset of the usb storage media currently plugged to your computer, even if the checkboxes are not wanted in the preferences of the application. FILES
${HOME}/.scolasync/db A database containing the preferences of the application, and the mapping between owners and USB storage media. /usr/share/scolasync/marques.py A dictionary of pecularities which come with some brands of USB storage media. ${HOME}/.scolasync/marques.py This dictionary overrides the settings in the system-wide configuration. ${HOME}/.scolasync/scolasync.log A log file for the application. AUTHOR
Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Georges Khaznadar This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. scolasync 06/23/2012 SCOLASYNC(1)