Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How statefull firewall work with segmented packet? Post 302546028 by pranaw_bec on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 08:54:00 AM
Old 08-10-2011
How statefull firewall work with segmented packet?

Hi Can anyone guide me that how statefull firewall works with segmented packet ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Seeing IP packet

Hi, Is there any way that i can directly take out the IP packet and see its contents. Waiting for your answer .............. Bye (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS client will not work through firewall, help please

I have an Ubuntu lucid 10.4 running as NIS client, the machine was working fine as a NIS client until i move the machine to a DMZ firewall. I tried to get NIS client working through the firewall by I fixing ypbind port to a static port by modifying the file “/etc/default/nis” YPBINDARGS="-p... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

filter packet

Exercise: Protection of WEB and DNS servers using the context-free rules for packet filtering: - Protect your WEB-server, so that would be for him can be accessed by browsers, and could go to dns. - Protect your primary DNS-server so that it could be to contact clients and secondary servers.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numeracy
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Protect service with statefull, stateless

how to protect service dns with filtering tables (statefull, stateless)? iptables -L iptables ...? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

7. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
WELF2DLF.IN(1)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation					    WELF2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
welf2dlf - convert firewall logs in WebTrends Enhanced Log Format to DLF SYNOPSIS
welf2dlf file DESCRIPTION
welf2dlf converts firewall logs in the WebTrends Enhanced Log Format into the firewall DLF. That format is defined at the following URL: http://www.netiq.com/partners/technology/welf.asp This converter also supports the SonicWall extensions. A list of firewall products that supports that format can be found at the following URL: http://www.netiq.com/products/fwr/compatible.asp IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
Since the firewall DLF only supports packet filters, not all records will be mapped to DLF. Dropped packets messages (those with a field msg="XXX packet dropped") will be mapped to denied DLF packet. (As well as all msg="TCP connection dropped" records). Those packets will have a length of 0 (that's a limitation of the format which don't log that information on dropped packet). Messages with a proto= field set will be interpretted as "permitted" "packet". That's not exactly "right" because this message really represent a "packets flow" and not a single packet. Other records will be ignored. You may use the welf_proxy service in the proxy superservice to extract proxy level information from WELF logs. EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced by WebTrends: $ welf2dlf < welf.log welf2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report welf < /var/log/welf.log THANKS
Mark D. Nagel, for giving feedback and supplying patches. SEE ALSO
Lire::WELF(3) welf_proxy2dlf(1) AUTHORS
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: welf2dlf.in,v 1.14 2006/07/23 13:16:35 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 WELF2DLF.IN(1)