Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Eric's Questions and Answers Blog Post 302545977 by zaxxon on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 05:44:36 AM
Old 08-10-2011
It would be not that good if this thread will get a length of let's say 200 posts as nobody will be able to find out on which page which information is they seek. Also nobody will start reading a 200 post thread.

We usually handle 1 per thread and more than 1 if it is from the same person asking and belongs to the same kind of topic. Thread hijacking is not welcome to this forum as well.

If you want to have a blog, there is free blogging websites available like www.blogspot.com.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expecting answers for these questions?

hi all plese clarify me in the following area. 1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server? 2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am preparing for interview .Kindly can anybody send me Solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Please give answers for this interview questions

I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Homework questions, book is lacking answers?

Hey you guys, There's a couple questions I cannot find the answers to anywhere in this book for my Operating Systems class, hopefully you guys could help. I believe we are in the Bourne shell. 1. Match each description to the appropriate type of variable Used in shell programs ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KyleBucket
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select answers from multiple questions using shell script

I have a text file in this format Some lines.... Question no: 1 The question? A. Answer 1 B. Answer 2 C. Answer 3 D. Answer 4 Answer:B Some lines.... Question no: 2 The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Answers to Recently Asked Questions about UNIX.COM

Here are some answers to some of the recent questions I have received about UNIX.COM. So, I thought I would take time to answer them here in this post: Is it expected that the original poster "thank" everyone who responds to his / her discussion thread? It is always a good practice in all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
pthread_setname_np(3)					     Library Functions Manual					     pthread_setname_np(3)

NAME
pthread_setname_np - Changes the object name in the thread object for an existing thread. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_setname_np( pthread_thread_t thread, const char *name, void *mbz); PARAMETERS
Thread object whose object name is to be changed. Object name value to copy into the thread object. Reserved for future use. The value must be zero (0). DESCRIPTION
This routine changes the object name in the thread object specified by thread to the value specified by name. To set an existing thread's object name, call this routine after creating the thread. However, with this approach your program must account for the possibility that the target thread has already exited or has been canceled before this routine is called. The object name is a C language string and provides an identifier that is meaningful to a person debugging a DECthreads-based multithreaded application. The maximum number of characters in the object name is 31. This routine contrasts with pthread_attr_setname_np, which changes the object name attribute in a thread attributes object that is used to create a new thread. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The thread specified by thread does not exist. The length in characters of name exceeds 31. Insufficient memory exists to create a copy of the object name string. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_getname_np(3), pthread_attr_setname_np(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_setname_np(3)