Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed in scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in scripting Post 302545960 by isubodh on Wednesday 10th of August 2011 05:14:20 AM
Old 08-10-2011
Code:
cat filename | awk -F ":" '{print $1":"$2, substr($3,3)}' >>new.file

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-10-2011 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHell Scripting Help Needed

Dear All, I have an input file like this interface Serial10/0/7:11.1 point-to-point description CLIENT:SA_INSTITUTO ANGLO MEXICANO Sitio Metepec 104452:0,165 bandwidth 64 ip vrf forwarding INSTITUTO-ANGLO ip address 192.168.148.217 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast frame-relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

little scripting help needed!!

guys i need bit of help!! i am writing a script which finds files that have not been accessed for a no of days and delete those files...the no of days value is inputted at the command line.... i am using the following : find $1 -atime +7 -exec rm -i in the second step i want to copy all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vats
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh scripting! Help Needed

Hello fellas or ladies. I am new on this site and new to the unix operating system. I have been working with UNIX and i love it so far, i learned some stuff and most of the beneficiary command but I need help renaming all the files in my directory and doing them one by one is just tiring.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keyboardkowboy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sh scripting! Help Needed

Hello fellas or ladies. I am new on this site and new to the unix operating system. I have been working with UNIX and i love it so far, i learned some stuff and most of the beneficiary command but I need help renaming all the files in my directory and doing them one by one is just tiring. is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboardkowboy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in expect scripting.

Hi, I am new to expect scripting and need your help in the following task. I want an expect script to take the commands from an input file and then execute the commands and give the command execution output in an otput file. The command execution part is normal and I did it via script by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooryaa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with scripting.

Hello Friends, I am very new to scripting and currently have come across a situation where I need to create a UNIX script which would look for certain text in a file and then email me if it finds it. I am trying to trouble shoot an issue with our internet websites and I need to know when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahive
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting needed for newbie

Hi, I am newbie in shell scripting I have a file name like simple.txt which comes from Mainframe systems onto windows dir every 15 minutes daily. File name is same. Every 15 minutes it updates. I need to write shell script to check if the file arrived every 15 min or not. If the new file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Scripting needed

Hi, My task is to check the file test.txt every 15 min from Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM. We get this file from our mainframes, every 15 min it will update the same file. My task is to compare file timestamp with current system time stamp and check if the file is updated or not. If the file doesn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting help needed

Hi All, I have a conf file and it has two entries seperated by comma, look like :- best1,ls /opt/bmc/Patrol3/*/best1 ......, ....................... In which "Best1" is the product name and "ls /opt/bmc/Patrol3/*/best1" is the way to find the product version of Best1 in that particular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting Help needed

Hi folks, need a small help lets say i have a text file with the following content: james tom jack spielberg i want to append text to the beginning of each line with a variable(lets says FirName:) and i want to combine all the names with a space in between and store it in another... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
11 Replies
xowish(1)							XOTcl Applications							 xowish(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
xowish - Graphical shell containing object-oriented scripting language XOTcl SYNOPSIS
xowish ?fileName arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
xowish is a shell-like application that reads XOTcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. In addition to xot- clsh it provides graphical user interface support for TK widgets. XOTcl (XOTcl, pronounced exotickle) is an object-oriented scripting language based on MIT's OTcl. It is intended as a value added replace- ment for OTcl. Scripting languages, like Tcl, are designed for glueing components together, provide features like dynamic extensibility and dynamic typing with automatic conversion, that make them well suited for rapid application development. The basic object system of XOTcl is adopted from OTcl. The object system enables us to define objects, classes, and meta-classes. Classes are special objects with the purpose of managing other objects. ``Managing'' means that a class controls the creation and destruction of its instances and that it contains a repository of methods accessible for the instances. Every object may be enhanced with object-specific methods. XOTcl supports single and multiple inheritance. All relationships in XOTcl, including class and superclass relationships, are com- pletely dynamic and can be introspected. Through method chaining without explicit naming of the intended method, ambiguities in name reso- lution of methods are avoided. This way a shadowed method can be ``mixed into'' the execution of the current method. XOTcl combines the ideas of scripting and object-orientation in a way that preserves the benefits of both of them. It is equipped with sev- eral new language functionalities that help building and managing complex systems. We added the following support: Dynamic Object Aggregations, to provide dynamic aggregations through nested namespaces (objects). Nested Classes, to reduce the interference of independently developed program structures. Assertions, to reduce the interface and the reliability problems caused by dynamic typing and, therefore, to ease the combination of many components. Meta-data, to enhance self-documentation of objects and classes. Per-object mixins, as a means to improve flexibility of mixin methods by giving an object access to several different supplemental classes, which may be changed dynamically. Per-class mixins, as a means to improve flexibility of mixin methods to a class, all instances of the class have access to the mixed in methods like for multiple inheritance, but without the need of intersection classes. Filters as a means of abstractions over method invocations to implement large program structures, like design patterns. Dynamic Component Loading XOTcl integrates the Tcl package loading with architectrual support for integration with object-oriented con- structs. Moreover, it provides tracking/tracing of component loading. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell XOWish xowish(1)