Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Help Me - AIX server connect to a VPN network Post 302545874 by mushr00m on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 11:54:07 PM
Old 08-10-2011
Help Me - AIX server connect to a VPN network

Hi,

I have a task requested by my boss to create a script to enable a server to connect to a vpn network and then to connect to another server to upload some data...

How can I connect to a vpn network from AIX server? via telnet? ssh?

I have tried to google but mostly the answers are found on how to create a VPN within AIX..

I am a totally new to AIX and currently totally bumped..

Please advice..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 - vpn server

I would like to setup my solaris 10 x86 system as a vpn server. I can't seem to find any good links on setting it up. Do you guys have some links that could walk me thru on setting up the vpn server so that windows clients can connect to it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
4 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to connect to AIX server through xmanager

Hi, I have xmanager installed on my windows PC. But I am not able to connect to AIX server. It's giving the error as follows: The X11 forwarding request was rejected. Graphics mode is not coming up in AIX server. Please help as I have to install oracle patchset urgently. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

vpn connect/disconnect shell script

Hi I am not so good in scripting..trying ot learn it...need guidance of the experts in shell scripting.. Let me explain the scenario first.. a server MX1 is connected to another server MX2 through vpn..every 5 minute a script runs to test vpn connectivity between the 2 servers.when the vpn... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuka
12 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.04 - Unable to connect to Cisco VPN

Hi all, I am trying to configure and connect Cisco VPN on Ubuntu 10.04. I've imported .pcf file. The new vpn conn appears in the VPN Connections option. Now when I select it, it doesn't connect. Nothing happens. I am not able to connect to VPN at all. I tried using kvpnc as well but it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
10 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPN on an online server

Hi there, Believe it or not, the word VPN doesn't give any search result in the forum. I'm trying to get started with VPN. I'm currently in the process of setting up a server. I found a lot of howtos on the web. There's still one thing that I'm not sure of. My plan is to setup the VPN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

7. AIX

Command to connect to remote AIX server

Hi All, Im looking for a command that can remotely connect to another AIX machine and execute scripts present in that server(Possible scenarios are a complete a restart of 3 servers in a cluster through a single script execution present in one of the servers). Im relatively new to AIX and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishakh
5 Replies

8. AIX

Connect to a SQL server from AIX

Hello aix community, After scouring the internet to find a step by step process, I've exhausted my efforts. Although I have learned a lot which brings me to this forum. I'm totally new and hope to ask the right questions. What is the easiest way to connect to a SQL server from aix? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechStudent36
2 Replies

9. AIX

Connect from AIX 5.x to windows Server 2000 Shared Folder

Hi, I followed this procedure in order to mount in AIX a shared folder in windows server 2000. https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1012550 Ive tested the shared folder from other windows Server, and its fine. What Ive do in AIX is: Logon as root Under /Home/spss/ I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
roar_stream_connect_to(3)				System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio				 roar_stream_connect_to(3)

NAME
roar_stream_connect_to - Connects a stream to some listening socket SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> int roar_stream_connect_to(struct roar_connection * con, struct roar_stream * s, int type, char * host, int port); DESCRIPTION
This let the sound server connect to some remote end to get it's data for a stream. This is used internaly to open additional streams for roar_simple_new_stream(3). NOTE: This is not an alternative version of roar_stream_connect(3). You still need to connect the stream to the server via roar_stream_con- nect(3) before you can use this call. PARAMETERS
con The connection to the server. s The stream to connect. type, host, port Where the stream should be connected to. For a description of all these parameters see roar_socket_listen(3). NOTES
This call will block untill the server process to connect to has accepted the connection. This makes this call unusable to connect back to us if we are not threaded. For a nonblocking call see roar_stream_connect_to_ask(3). RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return 0. On error, -1 is returned. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roar_simple_new_stream(3), roar_stream_connect(3), roar_socket_listen(3), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_stream_connect_to(3)