Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fake email sender
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fake email sender Post 302545352 by shifahim on Monday 8th of August 2011 06:28:06 AM
Old 08-08-2011
Question fake email sender

Hi,

I am using the below command to send the email.

Code:
mailx -s  "test from `hostname`" email@gmail.com  < attachment.txt
id
uid=870(wlsuser) gid=641(wlsgrp)

I recieve the email as "From: wlsuser@hostname

Can I somehow have any string instead of wlsuser, if that grows too complex to achieve can i just have wlsuser and hide the @hostname that comes with it ?

Regards,

Last edited by shifahim; 08-08-2011 at 09:09 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail Sender

Hello All, My unix (AIX 5.2) login is robk, my MS Exchange user name is rkapfer. What I want to do is send mail as rkapfer while logged in (to unix) as robk. I'm currently doing uuencode <pdf> <pdf>|mail -s"Subject" <recipient> works fine except the recipient sees me as robk@xyz.com.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkapfer
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Sender Address

Hello Following command send link to division managers. echo http://severname:8081/account-reports/2008Jun19-2008Jun25.2/index.html | mail -s "Weekly Division Sales Report" johndoe@companmail.com QUESTION. Above command send a body which is link of division report in email with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender email address has to changes

I am sending email with attachment using mail and uuencode command. Ex: (echo "$EMAIL_BODY"; uuencode $FILE ATTACH.TXT) || mail "$EMAIL_ID" -s "$EMAIL_SUB" I am getting email from "applmgr@rigelapp01.us.dell.com". I want to change this email address into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajiora
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HL7 MLLP Sender in C

Hi Everyone, This is a pretty big request, but I was wondering if anyone out there has a program written in C, Perl, Tcl or whatever that can be executed from the command line and will send HL7 messages from a NL delimited file and send them to the specifid host/port using the MLLP HL7 TCP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: troym72
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I change the email sender if I donot have the -r option?

Hey, after I check the man page for mail and mailx, I did not find the -r option. But, I have to change the email sender, how can I do it? Send Mode mailx address... Receive Mode mailx -e mailx mailx -f ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the sender Email address to Alias

Hi All, I want to change the email address of the sender to some alias for eg: FROM:noreplyecommerce@test.com needs to be changes to TEST Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to change sender email address in mail -s command

Just having trouble trying to figure out what the option is. When I do mail -s "Subject" someuser@example.com I can't seem to specify "from" or "sender" option as I need it for my task. I tried using --f or -f though it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what other option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to print email from defined sender.

Hello all! I'm looking to setup some sort of script so that when a an email comes in from a specific address the message and/or attachments are automatically printed. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks for the help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Biggz
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cannot ftp from EXTERNAL sender

ood morning, i need your help please from EXTERNAL sender somedy is trying to ftp by a public ip address this way ftp 190.13.96.8 Connected to 190.13.96.8. 220 pricing01c FTP server ready. Name (190.13.96.8:g803162): synverse 331 Password required for synverse. Password: 530 Login... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
Test::Email(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Test::Email(3pm)

NAME
Test::Email - Test Email Contents SYNOPSIS
use Test::Email; # is-a MIME::Entity my $email = Test::Email->new(@lines); # all-in-one test $email->ok({ # optional search parameters from => ($is or qr/$regex/), subject => ($is or qr/$regex/), body => ($is or qr/$regex/), headername => ($is or qr/$regex/), }, "passed tests"); # single-test header methods $email->header_is($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->header_ok($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->header_like($header_name, qr/regex/, "$header_name matches"); # single-test body methods $email->body_is($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->body_ok($header_name, $value, "$header_name matches"); $email->body_like($header_name, qr/regex/, "$header_name matches"); # how many MIME parts does the messages contain? $email->parts_ok($parts_count, "there were $parts_count parts found"); # what is the MIME type of the firs part my @parts = $email->parts(); # see MIME::Entity $parts[0]->mime_type_ok('test/html', 'the first part is type text/html'); DESCRIPTION
Please note that this is ALPHA CODE. As such, the interface is likely to change. Test::Email is a subclass of MIME::Entity, with the above methods. If you want the messages fetched from a POP3 account, use Test::POP3. Tests for equality remove trailing newlines from strings before testing. This is because some mail messages have newlines appended to them during the mailing process, which could cause unnecessary confusion. This module should be 100% self-explanatory. If not, then please look at Test::Simple and Test::More for clarification. METHODS
"my $email = Test::Email->new($lines_aref);" This is identical to "MIME::Entity->new()". See there for details. "$email->ok($test_href, $description);" Using this method, you can test multiple qualities of an email message with one test. This will execute the tests as expected and will produce output just like "Test::Simple::ok" and "Test::More::ok". Keys for $test_href are either "body", or they are considered to be the name of a header, case-insensitive. single-test methods The single-test methods in the synopsis above are very similar to their counterparts in Test::Simple and Test::More. Please consult those modules for documentation. Please note that tests for equality remove newlines from their operands before testing. This is because some email messages have newlines appended to them during mailing. "my $ok = $email-"parts_ok($parts_count, $description);> Check to see how many MIME parts this email contains. Each part is also a Test::Email object. "my $ok = $email-"mime_type_ok($expected_mime_type, $description);> Check the MIME type of an email or an email part. EXPORT
None. SEE ALSO
Test::Builder, Test::Simple, Test::More, Test::POP3 TODO
I am open to suggestions. AUTHOR
James Tolley, <james@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2007-2008 by James Tolley This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.0 2008-10-24 Test::Email(3pm)