Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run a script on remote host
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Run a script on remote host Post 302545324 by zaxxon on Monday 8th of August 2011 05:00:21 AM
Old 08-08-2011
I think the default timeout for ssh is 30 seconds. Did you wait that long? Maybe add a -o ConnectTimeout=3 to see if there is anything happening after 3 seconds.
Make sure sshd running on machineB, that there is no firewall inbetween etc. If you have nmap, you can also try to do following:
Code:
nmap machineB -p22

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help me using expect script for remote host

I am newbie in Unix and Expect script, so please help me :( I'm using expect script for remote another host: #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 10 spawn ssh -l root 10.120.18.4 expect "password:" send "password\r" expect "@" interact And now how can i use expect script for access mysql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wormym
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

manage an interactive script on a remote host

OS~AIX 6.1 I'm running an interactive shell script i.e.,waits for a user response a few times while executing, after doing ssh to a AIX server. I'm just wondering what options I have if the ssh connection to the server is lost while executing the script, do I have to run the script again, which in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML Code to Run a Script from Remote Unix Host

Hi All, Noticed few posts around this but coudnt get exatcly what i wanted. Thanks for your help again. I have a script running on a remote machine and i normally ssh from putty and run the script manually. Is there anyway that i can write an HTML Code with a button so taht when I Click... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a shell script on a remote host using ftp

Hi, is there a way I can run a shell script through ftp on a remote host? The remote host doesn't have ssh running so I can't use ssh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on remote host

Hi friends, I have two servers. Server A and B. I want to run one script on server A by logging in to server B. Can anyone provide me code for this.? I tried it by using following ssh username@serverA ./script Then it prompt me the password. I give correct password of the server A. but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last part of script to remote host not working...

Hi, I got most of the script working, last part which does the ssh to remote and execute the command not working. for SSH in ${HostList}; do echo ${SSH} echo "" SSH2SEND=ssh user@${SSH} curl -v $URL echo $SSH2SEND done error message I am getting ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run awk command on remote host

I have below command to check for error logs from last 24 hours from the file : /var/log/messages/ The command is working fine on the local host. sudo awk -F - -vDT="$(date --date="24 hours ago" "+%b %_d %H:%M:%S")" ' DT < $1' /var/log/messages | egrep -i "error|fail" I want to run the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies
ZENMAP(1)						      Zenmap Reference Guide							 ZENMAP(1)

NAME
zenmap - Graphical Nmap frontend and results viewer SYNOPSIS
zenmap [options] [results file] DESCRIPTION
Zenmap is a multi-platform graphical Nmap frontend and results viewer. Zenmap aims to make Nmap easy for beginners to use while giving experienced Nmap users advanced features. Frequently used scans can be saved as profiles to make them easy to run repeatedly. A command creator allows interactive creation of Nmap command lines. Scan results can be saved and viewed later. Saved scan results can be compared with one another to see how they differ. The results of recent scans are stored in a searchable database. This man page only describes the few Zenmap command-line options and some critical notes. A much more detailed Zenmap User's Guide is available at http://nmap.org/book/zenmap.html. Other documentation and information is available from the Zenmap web page at http://nmap.org/zenmap/. OPTIONS SUMMARY
-f, --file results file Open the given results file for viewing. The results file may be an Nmap XML output file (.xml, as produced by nmap -oX) or a Umit scan results file (.usr). This option may be given more than once. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. -n, --nmap Nmap command line Run the given Nmap command within the Zenmap interface. After -n or --nmap, every remaining command line argument is read as the command line to execute. This means that -n or --nmap must be given last, after any other options. Note that the command line must include the nmap executable name: zenmap -n nmap -sS target. -p, --profile profile Start with the given profile selected. The profile name is just a string: "Regular scan". If combined with -t, begin a scan with the given profile against the specified target. -t, --target target Start with the given target. If combined with -p, begin a scan with the given profile against the specified target. -v, --verbose Increase verbosity (of Zenmap, not Nmap). This option may be given multiple times to get even more verbosity. Any other arguments are taken to be the names of results files to open. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ZENMAP_DEVELOPMENT Set ZENMAP_DEVELOPMENT to disable automatic crash reporting. BUGS
Like their authors, Nmap and Zenmap aren't perfect. But you can help make them better by sending bug reports or even writing patches. If Nmap or Zenmap doesn't behave the way you expect, first upgrade to the latest version available from http://nmap.org. If the problem persists, do some research to determine whether it has already been discovered and addressed. Try Googling the error message or browsing the nmap-dev archives at http://seclists.org/. Read this full manual page as well. If nothing comes of this, mail a bug report to <dev@nmap.org>. Please include everything you have learned about the problem, as well as what version of Zenmap you are running and what operating system version it is running on. Problem reports and Zenmap usage questions sent to dev@nmap.org are far more likely to be answered than those sent to Fyodor directly. Code patches to fix bugs are even better than bug reports. Basic instructions for creating patch files with your changes are available at https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/HACKING. Patches may be sent to nmap-dev (recommended) or to Fyodor directly. HISTORY
Zenmap was originally derived from Umit, an Nmap GUI created during the Google-sponsored Nmap Summer of Code in 2005 and 2006. The primary author of Umit was Adriano Monteiro Marques. When Umit was modified and integrated into Nmap in 2007, it was renamed Zenmap. AUTHORS
Nmap Fyodor <fyodor@nmap.org> (http://insecure.org) Hundreds of people have made valuable contributions to Nmap over the years. These are detailed in the CHANGELOG file which is distributed with Nmap and also available from http://nmap.org/changelog.html. Umit Zenmap is derived from the Umit Nmap frontend, which was started by Adriano Monteiro Marques as an Nmap/Google Summer of Code project (<py.adriano@gmail.com>, http://www.umitproject.org). Zenmap 07/28/2013 ZENMAP(1)