Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find, regular expression, anyway to simplify this find command? Post 302545203 by binlib on Sunday 7th of August 2011 11:19:13 AM
Old 08-07-2011
Code:
find . -regex '.*[^0-9](0+1)?.ext'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using regular expression for directories in find command

Hi, I want to find the files available in a directory /var/user/*/*/data/. I tried using the command "find /var/user/ -path '*/*/data/ -name '*' -type f" it says find: 0652-017 -path is not a valid option and then i tried using "find /var/user/ -name '*/*/data/*' -type f" but its not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothbabu12
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep regular expression to find = not ==

I suspect this is commonly done, but haven't found the right combination of search terms to find the answer. I want to grep for lines in .cpp files that contain only 1 '=' sign in an if statement. e.g., if (a = b) -- find this if (a==b) -- don't find this My attempt: egrep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: offkilter
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep and regular expression to find class references in a c++ file

I'm trying to math all class references in a C++ file using grep with regular expression. I'm trying to know if a specific include is usuless or not, so I have to know if there is a refence in cpp. I wrote this RE that searches for a reference from class ABCZ, but unfortunately it isn't working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: passerby
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression to find the length of a field

Hi, in the cobol copy books is there any regular expressions to be used in awk to fetch the length of each columns? below mentioned are the examples. Copy Book Sample 01 tablename. 02 group header. 03 col1 s9(10)V99. 03 Col2 s9(10)V9(3). 03 Col3 XXXX 02... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command - using regular expr

Hi, I would like to use find command to find file with a predefined extension for example find . modules/*.ksh *.lib I thought it's possible to use something like : find . modules/*. but it does not work. is there any other way? Thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression in Find command [KSH]

Hello, I am trying to use regex wtih find command in KSH. For some reason it is not working as expected. Input: comm_000_abc_0102.c comm_000_abc.c 456_000_abc_1212.cpp 456_000_abc_.cpp Expected Output: comm_000_abc_0102.c kkm_000_abc_8888.cpp (Basically I want to find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out whether a file exists with the help of regular expression?

Hi all I have a list of file names in array. But this file names are not exact. so i want to search whether a file exists or not using regular expression. code snippet: if ; then echo "File exists" else echo "File does not exits" fi over here "*EQST*" should be treated as a regular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command: names matching the expression

Hello all, I need to print directories using find command. The directories names contain date in the format YYYYMMDD or the name of directory is only the date format. I want print directories, which doesn't start with this date. E.g I have dirs like foo20120101 foo20120101foo 20120101foo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satin1321
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to using Regular expression to find file.?

Hi Gurus, I need to identify the file with below format: ABC20110101.DAT ABCD2011010103.DAT If I use ABC*\.DAT, it get two file. I want to get file after "ABC' then number, the ".DAT". I tried ABC* but it doesn't work. Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find regular expression for two files?

I have files: sum_<INPUT FILENAME>.YYYYMMDDhhmmss.csv and sum_details_<INPUT FILENAME>.YYYYMMDDhhmmss.csv I have no idea, what is input filename, but in the code I would like to catch them in case I process them in the loop above case statement for *.${Today}.*.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)