Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [ URGENT] - HDD visible to OS without reboot Post 302544793 by saurabh84g on Friday 5th of August 2011 04:05:09 AM
Old 08-05-2011
Question [ URGENT] - HDD visible to OS without reboot

Hi,

I have added 30 GB Vmware Scsci disk in RHEL

[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)

I want to make this 30 GB visible to OS without reboot.

Pls help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Another Urgent HDD problem

I have another Hdd problem with Ultra 1 machine the hdd is segate (+-)17560 MB and when I start installtion of sun solaries 2.6 the system sees the hdd correctly, and the installtion goes fine with partioning the disk as follows / 150 MB swap 500 MB /user 1000 MB /user1 100MB /usr3 5500 MB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Reboot problem !!! urgent plse !!!!!!!!!!!

Operatin System : Solaris 5.9 Server : Sun Fire 3800 Shutdown and reboot i receive the following messages ..... un Fire 3800 OpenFirmware version 5.15.2 (08/04/03 10:27) Copyright 2001-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. SmartFirmware,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
8 Replies

3. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old HDD copy to new HDD ? im lost...

Over the last few months the HDD spins louder and louder, so I fiqured its time to replace the HDD. Its been running 24/7/365 since 98 :eek:. yes i said since 98 :D I have an IBM system 43P Model 240. 233 MHz. running AIX Version 4. The current HDD is an IBM DGHS COMP IEC -950 FRU PN#... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chevy89rocks
5 Replies

5. Web Development

images are not visible

hi, why my uploaded images are not visible both in front-end and back-end of my CMS ? See the picture: http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/72686/noPics.png I checked the GD library in php. It seems ok... http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/72686/GD.png thanks ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

6. Solaris

folder not visible in ls -l

Hi, I have a strange problem. when i do ls i see a folder, say 'abc', but it disappears when i do ls -l. I cannot access or mv that folder. Solaris 10 (SPARC) doesn't allow me to create a new folder with the same name, as it already exists. 'file' command also doesn't recognize i 'abc'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not visible hidden folder

Hi, In one folder there is a hidden folder. Whenever i do any ls -a i can't see the folder. However i can get into the folder by cd .foldername. Would you please help me to identify what is the problem here. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
13 Replies

8. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Groups is not visible

OS : SunOS 5.8 I am trying to add a user ad3059 to the following groups, A B C D ( four groups A,B,C,D) When i use usermod command and add the user to the above groups, and go to > groups ad3059 other C D It doesnt show A and B groups and shows it as other.Please advice on how... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi2089
13 Replies
RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.						 RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)

NAME
rhnplugin.conf - Configuration file for the rhnplugin(8) yum(8) plugin. DESCRIPTION
rhnplugin.conf contains configuration options which are specific to rhnplugin(8). The configuration file is located at /etc/yum/plugin- conf.d/rhnplugin.conf. OPTIONS
enabled Either `0' or `1'. Determines whether the plugin will be used by yum or not. Default value is `1'. gpgcheck Either `0' or `1'. Determines whether gpg signature checking will be performed on packages coming from Spacewalk/Red Hat Satellite. Default value is `1'. If this option is not set, the value from yum.conf(5) will be used. timeout The amount of time (in seconds) that you want to wait for a response before timing out. If this option is not set, the value from yum.conf(5) will be used. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf The location of this configuration file. SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), yum(8), up2date(5), yum.conf(5). AUTHORS
James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> and Peter Vetere <pvetere@redhat.com>. BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2006 November 13 RHNPLUGIN.CONF(8)