Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk: Force "escaped" representation of a field Post 302544485 by IvanMalison on Thursday 4th of August 2011 02:53:21 AM
Old 08-04-2011
Thanks; I had to modify it a bit to get it to do exactly what i wanted, but it worked out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix force sender ("From:" field)

Hello, We have Linux post server with Postfix running on it and 5 domains. Everything is working fine, except one thing. I was wondering how can I force user X to be able to send email ONLY as X@domain1.com, but NOT as X@domain2.com for example. I.e. how can I create map user --> email , and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Additional question to "awk to replace particular field"

I guess it was getting a little messy on the other post so here goes: Link to previous post for Question: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/111338-awk-replace-particular-field.html Continuation of Question hey i was messing around a bit ... made me wonder... If the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VGR
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash ignores escaped $ and says "bad substitution"

Can someone tell me how to get the version of bash that I am running? I'm running cygwin bash on Windows XP at home and cygwin bash on Vista at work. Is this the version number for bash? $ uname -a CYGWIN_NT-6.0 US-SEA-L3BER9K 1.5.25(0.156/4/2) 2008-06-12 19:34 i686 Cygwin This is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
XkbNoteNameChanges(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					     XkbNoteNameChanges(3)

NAME
XkbNoteNameChanges - Note the changed names in a changes structure SYNOPSIS
void XkbNoteNameChanges (XkbNameChangesPtr old, XkbNamesNotifyEvent *new, unsigned int wanted); ARGUMENTS
- old XkbNameChanges structure to be updated - new event from which changes are to be copied - wanted types of names for which changes are to be noted DESCRIPTION
When your application receives a XkbNamesNotify event, you can note the changed names in a changes structure using XkbNoteNameChanges. The wanted parameter is the bitwise inclusive OR of the valid names mask bits shown in Table 1. XkbNoteNameChanges copies any changes that are reported in new and specified in wanted into the changes record specified by old. Table 1 Symbolic Names Masks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mask Bit Value Keyboard Field Component --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- XkbKeycodesNameMask (1<<0) Xkb->names keycodes XkbGeometryNameMask (1<<1) Xkb->names geometry XkbSymbolsNameMask (1<<2) Xkb->names symbols XkbPhysSymbolsNameMask (1<<3) Xkb->names phys_symbols XkbTypesNameMask (1<<4) Xkb->names type XkbCompatNameMask (1<<5) Xkb->names compat XkbKeyTypeNamesMask (1<<6) Xkb->map type[*].name XkbKTLevelNamesMask (1<<7) Xkb->map type[*].lvl_names[*] XkbIndicatorNamesMask (1<<8) Xkb->names indicators[*] XkbKeyNamesMask (1<<9) Xkb->names keys[*], num_keys XkbKeyAliasesMask (1<<10) Xkb->names key_aliases[*], num_key_aliases XkbVirtualModNamesMask (1<<11) Xkb->names vmods[*] XkbGroupNamesMask (1<<12) Xkb->names groups[*] XkbRGNamesMask (1<<13) Xkb->names radio_groups[*], num_rg XkbComponentNamesMask (0x3f) Xkb->names keycodes, geometry, symbols, physical symbols, types, and compatibility map XkbAllNamesMask (0x3fff) Xkb->names all name components X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbNoteNameChanges(3)