Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help t export the variable from a particular file Post 302544090 by rohit22hamirpur on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 01:00:49 AM
Old 08-03-2011
help t export the variable from a particular file

Hello Guys,

I need you help to do one task

I have script which is actually doing to fetch the code of any repository in svn

for e.g.:- I can use svn to checkout the repository but I want to checkout the repository for particular tag

like svn co <url>/svn/repo/<tag-name>

and this repo name and tag-name should come from file like export these two variables

I will store these two variable in a particular file repo name and tag-name and script will pick this variable and store the code in a particular location

Thanks in advance
Rohit Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export the Display variable

I'm trying to open an xwindow on my Sun server. What am I doing wrong? # echo $SHELL /sbin/sh # # export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 DISPLAY=localhost:0.0: is not an identifier Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Variable

How to export variable from one script to other? Can anybody give me syntax for that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing variable which are exported with export

Greeting to all of you! I've small issue related to the variable which we are setting and exporting through scripts, in one of the script there are some variable used but I am not abel to get the detail as where they are set. I tried finding the detail with the help of env but no luck. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable

Hi I have a pass a variable from one script to another. Here are my scripts Script #1 ./profile #!/bin/sh export NAME="Hello" Script #2 ./test #!/bin/sh ./profile echo $NAME when I run ./test .. i am not getting anything .. why is that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

where does variable export to?

Hi, Unix Gurus, I have a problem need help. I have a script to generate environment variable code same as following: oracle_sid=abcd export oracle_sid when I execute this code with command ./script_nane it succeeded. when I try to find it with env command or echo $oracle_sid, it does not show... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variable not working after su

I have a requirement to change user inside a shell script and execute group of commands. I have done it many times earlier but never came across the issue with exporting variables. Strangely if a var is exported afetr su, it is not working where as if it is does outside su, it works. Another issue... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiharitha
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't export variable

I am relatively new to exporting variables, and I just can't seem to make this count work. What I have is the following: TOTAL=$($IMAGELIST -backupid $IM -U |gawk '{print $5}' |tail -1)|gawk '{print $6}' RESTORED=$($BPDBJOBS -most_columns -jobid $JOBS |cut -f15 -d,) |gawk '{print $6}' export... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help export variable

Hi, Please find my code below. ps -xef | grep 14766 | awk 'BEGIN{X="java_home=";X="weblogic_home="} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i ~ /-Dplatform\.home|java$/){split($i,P,"=");s=P?P:$i;print X""s}}}' echo "java_home="$java_home echo "weblogic_home="$weblogic_home Output: Why does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export command - variable

Hello, Please see the script found in my computer below. (Ubuntu 14.04) #!/bin/sh export APP_DIR="/home/appname" monitorscript="$APP_DIR""/monitor.sh" ps cax | grep monitor.sh > /dev/null if ; then echo "monitor.sh is running" else "$monitorscript" fi My question is regarding EXPORT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)