Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Re ordering lines - Awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Re ordering lines - Awk Post 302543800 by michaelrozar17 on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 06:00:49 AM
Old 08-02-2011
Try if the below one works..
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS="[, ]";print "Splicing_Facto Motif Cutoff Sequence_Score"}/Splicing/{v=$3;s=$6;c=$9};$0 !~ /Seq|Spli/{print v,s,c,$0}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

proper ordering of o/p values

Hi, Below is my script which creates a file: #!/bin/sh if then echo "Enter bill period " echo "Syntax: sh cpd.sh G08" exit fi sqlplus uname/pwd@dbname <<EOF set WRAP off set FEEDBACK off set PAGESIZE 0 set VERIFY off (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to make an AWK code for ordering numbers in a column from least to highest

Hi all, I have a large column of numbers like 5.6789 2.4578 9.4678 13.5673 1.6589 ..... I am trying to make an awk code so that awk can easily go through the column and arrange the numbers from least to highest like 1.6589 2.4578 5.6789 ....... can anybody suggest, how can I do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
5 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

word ordering problem HELP please (linux)

Hi guys I need you ,please help me i have to do this for tomorow and i don't understand how to do Q1 : Order the words of RADIO.txt by frequency Q2 : Order the words of RADIO.txt in alphabétique order Q3 : Order the words of RADIO.txt par ordre "rhymique" (exemple, put togeder words which are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lili
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ordering a data file

With an input file like this: How can I get an output like this? (In the quoted examples, the "_" sign represents an empty space) Note that there are some minus signs and no spaces, in the example above the first character of the first line is an empty space, so each number spans 10... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lego
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending lines with word frequencies, ordering and indexing a column

Dear All, I have the following input data: w1 20 g1 w1 10 g1 w2 12 g1 w2 23 g1 w3 10 g1 w3 17 g1 w3 12.5 g1 w3 21 g1 w4 11 g1 w4 13.2 g1 w4 23 g1 w4 18 g1 First I seek to find the word frequencies in col1 and sort col2 in ascending order for each change in a col1 word. Second,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghetz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-ordering data

input Predictions for job: 1299399580 ********************************************** gg18_qqq10_100017878_100017978_- ============================================================================== zzz Factor: XXX, ttt: crsmsgw, Cutoff: 0.6429 seqe Position fff Coordinate K-mer Score ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ordering

file1 1 SNP2 3 1 SNP3 3 1 SNP5 4 2 SNP1 4 2 SNP4 4 file2 SNP1 1 1 1 SNP5 5 5 5 SNP4 4 4 4 SNP2 2 2 2 SNP3 1 1 1 desired output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random ordering

1 2 4 5 3 I would like to use a script so that i can randomly rearrange these numbers such as 3 5 2 4 1 Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ordering batch number

Hi, Could some one please help to order the batch number in sequence. I will be getting bunch of files with batch number in folder1 which are not in sequence. I need to move all files from folder1 to folder2 with batch number in sequence. Header record looks like PROCESS1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print missing and keep sequential ordering if not found

The below awk in bold will look for the ids in file1 in $2 of file2 and if they match print the line in file2. If an id is missing or not found in file2 (like BMPR2 in line4 of file1) I can not figure out how to add it to them to the lines in the output as missing in $3 following the same format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)