Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk sub command - Prod - Urgent Post 302543158 by mirni on Friday 29th of July 2011 07:34:24 PM
Old 07-29-2011
what are you trying to accomplish? can you post sample input and output? Please use code tags when posting code or sample i/oput.
Furthermore, is there any error? What exactly is your system?

Use nawk if on Solaris.

Last edited by mirni; 07-29-2011 at 08:39 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory?

Hi , Could u tell me What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory? Regards Ashish Malviya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashishm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy prod data to QA

We keep getting production files into an input directory. These files will be processed three times a day. 8:00AM 1:30PM 5:30PM file1.20041005_05303423.dat File2.200041005_14232313.dat Once the files are processed, they are archived immediately to prod/archive directory ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zomboo
1 Replies

3. Programming

Migrating C Executable in UNIX from DEV to PROD

Hi Is there any specific way to FTP a C executable from DEV to PROD. We recently changed a C program compiled in DEV, created EXE and tested fine. But when we moved the EXE to PROD. It did not work. We have tried restarting the sever too. Once we put back the old Exe it starts to work again. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow29
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk command behaving differntly on 2 servers--urgent

Hi I am using awk command for string replacement. I have 2 servers. The command runs perfectly well on 1st server On the second server when i run the command on the same datset The command gets stuck while processing a large piece of record.. Does it have anything to with setting on the 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

5. AIX

-805 error in AIX UNIX accessing TEST DB from PROD

Hi, I am getting -805 error when i tried accessing TEST DB from PROD environment in AIX UNIX. Could anyone help me in this regard. Thx, Satish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishstar2
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent awk help !!

Hi All,I need to convert following field from a file L2578978CLC/576/116804 => L2578978CLC/00000576/00168304 i have to append Zeros in the third and fourth number after slash / in the above string (total length of number should be 8). means L2578978CLC/576/116804 should be converted to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown123
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Prod runs RHEL6 but pprod uses RHEL5??

Hi, I am currently building out a new production environment. Our current prod env uses RHEL5.8 but I am thinking of building out a RHEL6 environment since a complete end-to-end testing will need to take place prior to go-live anyway. Plus it is an ideal time to upgrade the OS across the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to implement new CRON job or modify the existing one in MDM PROD in coming days, which will sen

Need to implement new CRON job or modify the existing one in MDM PROD in coming days, which will send email of SQL statement running from past 1 minute.Currently there is one CRON job in PROD, which send below email. there is one cron job which send email, when there is long running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to point/update a file during PROD and BCP failover.

Hi All, In UNIX servers we are switching from DR to PROD. After switching to DR we need to update some configuration files which contains the server names. Ex - If we switch to BCP we need to update BCP server name. If we switch back to PROD we need to update PROD server name. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)