Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing content of two variables Post 302542879 by Chubler_XL on Friday 29th of July 2011 12:49:22 AM
Old 07-29-2011
How about this:

Code:
while [ $# -gt 1 ]
do
    arg=$1
    val=$2
    grep -wq "$arg" file1.txt && echo $arg=$val
    shift
    shift
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing file content differences

I need to write a script to find out if there are any .c files created/removed from the last time i monitored the files available. i first created a file to contain all the .c files available on the system. (ls *.c > file1) I created another file using the same command. I used the comm file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RianTan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing variables

I have searched and found a few threads that have dealt with this, but the examples I've tried haven't seemed to help. I am monitoring our database log for high checkpoints. I can parse out the checkpoint value which can be anywhere from zero into a 3 digit number. I set a variable to be the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two variables

Script #!/bin/sh hardware=PC os=WindowsNET for i in `cat newservers` do x=`sudo /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients |grep $i |head -40 |grep $i|awk '{print $3;exit}'` if then echo "$i is already added" else echo "Need to add" fi done O/p in debug mode bash-2.05$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing content of 2 variables in script

hello how can i compare the content of two variables using the if or for loops. I have 2 variables which was formed as result of commands pass into them but i want to now compare the 2 contents and echo where their is a match for examples variable1=`cat file2` variable2=`cat file3` if #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam4now
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing the content of two directories

Hello I want to compare the content of two directories recursively to check if the two directories have the same files. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing files content

hi i have a set of files , i need to compare one file content with other file content, i am using cmp -s abc.1 def.2 , but it is not giving theproper o/p even if the content is different.Please help thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing variables

im trying to compare ipaddresses. i loop through an array to see if the ip is already is in the array and if it is it should set a flag and then i wont add it to the array. but its just adding all the ipaddresses to the array if ] then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnia
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 csv files and matching content

Hello, I have the following problem: There are two csv files csv-file #1: aaa1, aaa2, ... aaan aaa1, bbb2, ... bbbn aaa1, ccc2, ... cccn bbb1, bbb2, ... bbbn ... zzz1, zzz2, ... zzzn csv-file #2: aaa1, matchvalue1 ccc1, matchvalue2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghl10000
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing 2 files and creating third file with uncommon content

I want to compare 2 files and create third file with uncommon content. e.g. file1 ajay suhas tom nisha vijay mahish file2 ajay suhas tom nisha expected output file content vijay mahish Is it possible in single command ? Thanks, Ajay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two variables

I have a script like this. Just couldn't get the comparison part work. Any thought? thanks, #!/usr/bin/ksh -x STEP=`echo $(basename $0 .ksh) | tr "" ""` log=/skip.log while read LINE do if then echo `date`: STEP $STEP skipped by user >> $log exit 0 fi done < $1 echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghostmic
0 Replies
Ns_Sock(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Sock(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_BindSock, Ns_GetSockAddr, Ns_SockAccept, Ns_SockAsyncConnect, Ns_SockAsyncConnect2, Ns_SockBind, Ns_SockCloseLater, Ns_SockConnect, Ns_SockConnect2, Ns_SockListen, Ns_SockListenEx, Ns_SockPipe, Ns_SockSetBlocking, Ns_SockSetNonBlocking, Ns_SockStrError, Ns_SockTimedCon- nect, Ns_SockTimedConnect2, ns_pipe, ns_sockpair - library procedures SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" Ns_BindSock(arg, arg) Ns_GetSockAddr(arg, arg) Ns_SockAccept(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockAsyncConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockBind(arg, arg) Ns_SockCloseLater(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockConnect2(arg, arg) Ns_SockListen(arg, arg) Ns_SockListenEx(arg, arg) Ns_SockPipe(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockSetNonBlocking(arg, arg) Ns_SockStrError(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect(arg, arg) Ns_SockTimedConnect2(arg, arg) ns_pipe(arg, arg) ns_sockpair(arg, arg) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions ... SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Sock(3aolserver)